Desi.Biochemist96
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello people, so I tried finding a thread for this exam and couldn't find any so I decided to make one
So anyone doing OCR ICT on 2nd june - I am so scared about the last essay questions in fact the whole of chapter 7 is so hard. I try revising for it but the fact that it's so long makes me just not want to do it. Any tips?
Desi.Biochemist96
Rep:
?
Anyone? Doesn't anyone find this exam hard?
kastiel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The exam isn't that bad, they just like to spring some questions on you that corresponding to about 1 paragraph in the book.

The long answer questions are easy to pick up a couple of marks on, if you identify both sides of an argument, and really develop one or two good points and not just list various possible answers.

My advice would to really understand te benefits and drawbacks, and the criteria for compare questions, and the basic definitions, and you'll have a strong chance if higher grades.

I'm retaking the exam to try and get full marks, (was so close last year!) and chapter 7 rarely comes up in any great detail, and you don't need to memorise all aspects if the various acts!

Good luck :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Desi.Biochemist96
Rep:
?
(Original post by kastiel)
The exam isn't that bad, they just like to spring some questions on you that corresponding to about 1 paragraph in the book.

The long answer questions are easy to pick up a couple of marks on, if you identify both sides of an argument, and really develop one or two good points and not just list various possible answers.

My advice would to really understand te benefits and drawbacks, and the criteria for compare questions, and the basic definitions, and you'll have a strong chance if higher grades.

I'm retaking the exam to try and get full marks, (was so close last year!) and chapter 7 rarely comes up in any great detail, and you don't need to memorise all aspects if the various acts!

Good luck :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm thanks Cool, what did u get last time? And good luck to u 2
mkwhater
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i just hate the mark scheme for the papers some of the marks are just so silly. but hopefully the grade boundaries will be really low this year. in 2013 it was 80 something for an A but all the other year before that is was <70.

11 mark questions aren't too bad 2 sides to it talk about positive and negative impacts and consequences for each. do 3 of those and you will be good.

they are stupid questions i mean you can talk about anything in them i remember in one of the past papers me and my friends all talking about holograms and teleportation and stuff
Desi.Biochemist96
Rep:
?
(Original post by mkwhater)
i just hate the mark scheme for the papers some of the marks are just so silly. but hopefully the grade boundaries will be really low this year. in 2013 it was 80 something for an A but all the other year before that is was <70.

11 mark questions aren't too bad 2 sides to it talk about positive and negative impacts and consequences for each. do 3 of those and you will be good.

they are stupid questions i mean you can talk about anything in them i remember in one of the past papers me and my friends all talking about holograms and teleportation and stuff
Ikr ! You can never guess what will u get the marks for
ictmaths
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm also redoing the exam this year, but due to being ill from the beginning of April last year, I got a D and am therefore redoing the whole year. I'm also nervous about the longer questions.

rosie.96, I've looked at the last 5 years papers, and generally, the question is about the impact of future developments in technology on ___ (travel, education, shopping, communication, business marketing, cinema and entertainment systems, harm of internet on teenagers, disabled facilities), but there was one about the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (2000) and also how moral/ethical/legal CCTV is.

Does that help?

Good luck!
Desi.Biochemist96
Rep:
?
(Original post by ictmaths)
I'm also redoing the exam this year, but due to being ill from the beginning of April last year, I got a D and am therefore redoing the whole year. I'm also nervous about the longer questions.

rosie.96, I've looked at the last 5 years papers, and generally, the question is about the impact of future developments in technology on ___ (travel, education, shopping, communication, business marketing, cinema and entertainment systems, harm of internet on teenagers, disabled facilities), but there was one about the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (2000) and also how moral/ethical/legal CCTV is.

Does that help?

Good luck!
Yes, it does What I'm worried about is that I won't be able to write about the advantages and disadvantages of the impacts. especially about the future developments and if the impact of legislations comes up!
ictmaths
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rosie.96)
Yes, it does What I'm worried about is that I won't be able to write about the advantages and disadvantages of the impacts. especially about the future developments and if the impact of legislations comes up!
I just found this online - this is about the different acts/legislation. Hope this is useful. It's from Getrevising.com
Attached files
Desi.Biochemist96
Rep:
?
(Original post by ictmaths)
I just found this online - this is about the different acts/legislation. Hope this is useful. It's from Getrevising.com
Thanks but the file won't open. It says it needs to convert or something
non
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
how's everyone doing with this exam, also what would you recommend to be the mos important bits to revise because i haven't done much revision but would like to know what important stuff i should revise thanks.

good luck everyone.
non
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
how's everyone doing with this exam, also what would you recommend to be the mos important bits to revise because i haven't done much revision but would like to know what important stuff i should revise thanks.

good luck everyone.
mkwhater
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by non)

good luck everyone.

definitely know your database and spreadsheet terms, all the stuff about presentation software templates, style sheets and characteristics of stock systems, online booking, online training all of that.

the rest is basically common knowledge... maybe not the laws but for the laws you only really need to revise 3 points for each law as they normally ask you for 3 things max
non
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mkwhater)
definitely know your database and spreadsheet terms, all the stuff about presentation software templates, style sheets and characteristics of stock systems, online booking, online training all of that.

the rest is basically common knowledge... maybe not the laws but for the laws you only really need to revise 3 points for each law as they normally ask you for 3 things max
thanks that definitely helps me to know what to revise now
ictmaths
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry to burst your bubble about not needing to know the acts, but I am just finishing an 11 mark question from Jan 2010 that is about the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act and its impacts and consequences. It may be a good idea to know something about all the acts!
exams2k
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I really hope the acts dont come up!
andy_0097
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
this may help
Attached files
hajs
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
revise the acts. they could easily throw an 11 marker on it!
exams2k
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
what sort of questions you predict guys? i realized they've asked too many advantage questions so i think there will be similar questions however the disadvantage factors will be asked for.
ictmaths
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's hard to know! Get through as many of the past papers as possible - that is the best possible practise - and make sure to look at the mark schemes too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (276)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my education (279)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (177)
9.94%
Isolating with family (126)
7.08%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (79)
4.44%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (149)
8.37%
Loneliness (175)
9.83%
Financial worries (72)
4.04%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (163)
9.16%
Exposure to negative news/social media (126)
7.08%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (158)
8.88%

Watched Threads