The Student Room Group

OCR AS ICT G061 2nd June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hajs
the real fat textbook

There's a textbook!?!!!!!!wtf!!!
Reply 43
Did your school not give you a textbook? Where did they teach the theory from?

A good website to use it teach-ict.com - it has an OCR A-Level section with the AS content and quizzes.
Original post by ictmaths
Did your school not give you a textbook? Where did they teach the theory from?

A good website to use it teach-ict.com - it has an OCR A-Level section with the AS content and quizzes.

We just used teach ICT to learn the theory, until like 20 minutes ago I did not know a textbook existed, its never been mentioned
Original post by AliyaMustafina
We just used teach ICT to learn the theory, until like 20 minutes ago I did not know a textbook existed, its never been mentioned

Your school should've really provided it, at least you knew about teach-ict, it's pretty much he same stuff, but more indepth really, so you're not too bad! :smile:
Original post by MisterMotavali
Out of all exams I've sat in my life, this exam seems the most ridiculous. Almost everything is based on memory and not actual intelligence about the subject. Oh well, I think I can do well, best of luck to all of you!

I agree! This is what annoys me about the most. What makes it worse for someone like me is that I don't have the best of memories. And then there's the added exam pressure which makes it harder to remember. Regardless, best of luck to everyone.
Your school should've really provided it, at least you knew about teach-ict, it's pretty much he same stuff, but more indepth really, so you're not too bad! :smile:

But we ****ing are I've done all but one past papers and not got higher than a C and my friend has done evvry past paper and not go higher than a c we are doomed
Im re-sitting the exam, the exam isn't hard, just remembering everything. Even if you don't know the answer relate it to the scenario or just think it through, its general knowledge too with advantages and disadvantages! good luck to you all
I'm sure it's better than you make it out to be! As yazmingulsen pointed out, relate it to the scenario and honestly, you can make a lot of the advantages/disadvantages up! WE CAN DO IT!
Good luck everyone, I hope you all do well, let's enjoy it!!!!! :biggrin:

Dw ull be fine, our teacher was really bad but hopefully it turns out good. Alot to learn for ICT in my opinion.
loving the positive vibes :biggrin:
Original post by yazmingulsen
loving the positive vibes :biggrin:

could u give us advice on how to approach this paper please?
Original post by destinedtofail:(
could u give us advice on how to approach this paper please?

As I said link the questions to the scenario and give examples where ever possible! With the 11 markers make sure you give an advantage and a disadvantage of a point and a consequence of these. Make sure you dont spend more than a minute per mark, cos its 120 marks and 120 minutes, at the end check your answers and make sure they make sense. Examiners dont like doodling aha so dont do it. Just answer the question! dont woffle on, dont give them too much, just state the obvious and dont panic!
Reply 55

Good luck! im sure we will all do fine! just dont panic and give it your best
Original post by yazmingulsen
As I said link the questions to the scenario and give examples where ever possible! With the 11 markers make sure you give an advantage and a disadvantage of a point and a consequence of these. Make sure you dont spend more than a minute per mark, cos its 120 marks and 120 minutes, at the end check your answers and make sure they make sense. Examiners dont like doodling aha so dont do it. Just answer the question! dont woffle on, dont give them too much, just state the obvious and dont panic!

So if I give an advantage how do I then give a consequence? And how many points should you give in an 11 marker?
I'm really hoping we get a good scenario, one that is straightforward and not one to do with a bloody art gallery or something of the sort. A scenario of The Student Room wouldn't be too bad!
So if I give an advantage how do I then give a consequence? And how many points should you give in an 11 marker?

This should be the structure
State a point
Advantage
Consequence
Disadvantage
Consequence
4 if you can find points!
Do a small paragraph just concluding your points

A consequence is why the advantage would benefit the third party? ill try and think of an example

Reply 59
Anyone have any idea on what the essay questions will be and if there will be more than 1? hopefully it will not be on the acts

Quick Reply

Latest