JayKayNot
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello

I have have my Biology exam the week after next, however I'm still very uncertain on many topics, my most significant problem is the graphs and 'how science works questions' including the meaning of words such as; Reliable, accurate, precise.

Any response would be much appreciated.

Jacob
lushmoo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
accuracy - an accurate measurement is one which is close to the true value
reliability - results are reliable if they can be repeatred through the same protocol (method)
precision - related to the smallest scale division on a measuring instrument eg ruler
validity - affected by a single independent variable only
lushmoo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JayKayNot)
Hello

I have have my Biology exam the week after next, however I'm still very uncertain on many topics, my most significant problem is the graphs and 'how science works questions' including the meaning of words such as; Reliable, accurate, precise.

Any response would be much appreciated.

Jacob
I have my exam then too, don't worry about these questions..
my advice - go to the AQA website and re-read the spec - maybe look for a glossary of terms? make sure you know the difference between RELIABILITY, REPEATABILITY, REPROUDICIBILTY and do tonnes of practice question.
REMBEMBER - They can only test you on things in the spec, so you will have the knowledge, you just need to know how to apply it.
good luck
JayKayNot
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by lushmoo)
I have my exam then too, don't worry about these questions..
my advice - go to the AQA website and re-read the spec - maybe look for a glossary of terms? make sure you know the difference between RELIABILITY, REPEATABILITY, REPROUDICIBILTY and do tonnes of practice question.
REMBEMBER - They can only test you on things in the spec, so you will have the knowledge, you just need to know how to apply it.
good luck
Cheers that's brilliant, I will do that now!

Good luck in your exams also!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (699)
33.88%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (880)
42.66%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.46%

Watched Threads