The Student Room Group

learning manoeuvres

Hi, I've had 11 driving lessons now (20hrs) and have only just started learning my manoeuvres, how long does it generally take to get them to test standard and any tips to nail them?just wondering as I want to be taking my test soon as i think I'm pretty much sorted with everything else. so how long do you think I've got for my test(i realise i should of asked my instructor this but won't see him for a while)? Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Exx
Hi, I've had 11 driving lessons now (20hrs) and have only just started learning my manoeuvres, how long does it generally take to get them to test standard and any tips to nail them?just wondering as I want to be taking my test soon as i think I'm pretty much sorted with everything else. so how long do you think I've got for my test(i realise i should of asked my instructor this but won't see him for a while)? Thanks

Depends really - I don't think it took me more than a few weeks to understand them all...but in subsequent weeks, kept practicing them to perfect them :smile:

With manoeuvres such as parallel parking and bay parking, that's just reference points. The left reverse, just keep an eye on the left mirror (whilst doing all round observation of course :tongue:)...once the back of the car leaves the last straight piece of kerb, put a half turn on the steering wheel, and as you're going round, if you're getting a bit close to the kerb, take some of the turn of, and if you're getting a bit far, turn a bit more...not too bad really :smile: And for the turn in the road...well that's just clutch control really. They'll all come with practice :smile:
Original post by Exx

i've done 4/5 maneuvers so far in 20 hours and with one exception did them all to test standard the first time I tried independently without prompts (after once or twice being talked through it)
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending