The Student Room Group

Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Since I can't see any threads about these remake of the old Ruby/Sapphire games, I figured I would start one :smile:. Is anyone else pretty excited to see what they end up being like when they get released in November?

I think that is X and Y are anything to go by, they may be one of the best pokemon games yet - I know that at least when I played them, I used to love the whole den concept and of course that mining game was strangely addictive - it'll be nice to see if they use X and Y as a basis for what the overall graphics and gameplay is like. And if they make some preorder bonuses available too, that would be nice.
(edited 9 years ago)
Definitely excited for this, I'm a total sucker for a new pokemon game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hoenn region in 3D. :teeth:
crappest pokemon game, and crappy nintendo not making a new game. its gonna fail
the only pokemon game i've played is Y so i'm looking forward to see what all the fuss is about cx i'll be getting alpha sapphire :biggrin:
I'd rather they remade Pokemon Colosseum to be honest, that game was awesome and actually tried something different as opposed to the other Pokemon games where the formula every time is to stop the evil team and beat the elite 4.
I cannot wait! :biggrin: This, Curtain Call and Smash Bros 3ds are the only games I want this year! I can finally get my own Rayqyaza! :biggrin: Traverse Hoenn again and catch more Pokemon! I'm gonna go for Alpha Sapphire! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Pokemon Omega Red/Alpha Sapphire

Shouldn't that be Omega Ruby? Is it bad that this is going to become a bigger distraction for me from revision than the World Cup?
I just hope that being able to re-battle ordinary trainers and Gym Leaders makes a return, rather than a massive focus on multiplayer after the main story ends. Call me weird but to me, Pokémon is a single player game.
After so long. Finally. :woo:
Original post by rickfloss
crappest pokemon game, and crappy nintendo not making a new game. its gonna fail

Patience man, X and Y were released less than a year ago, and its usually a few years between generations. Just enjoy this as a cheeky (and likely brilliant) bonus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a need for a thread when there's already an erm... society thread for this?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
I just love pokemon, and not ashamed to say i play it at 16. I'll ccertainly be getting it as soon as i can
Original post by JD8897
I just love pokemon, and not ashamed to say i play it at 16. I'll ccertainly be getting it as soon as i can

I'm 17 and still play it...though I only joined the Pokemon Party around Generation V (My first Pokemon game being Diamond- so I have a soft spot for Sinnoh in particular) around 2 years ago? Pokemon is cool!
Original post by JD8897

Hey, I'm nineteen and doing a uni degree an I've been playing since Pokemon Yellow. I have to say, the nostalgia value makes the games even better.
Original post by JD8897

I'm 20, once you go to uni saying you don't like Pokemon stops being cool and suddenly Pokemon is popular again.
HOENN CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In seriousness though Sapphire was my first game so it will be great for nostalgia though I think game length and storyline and environment may be adjusted a bit due to the 3D and all the new mechanics and variety of pokemon since the games came out
I cant ****ing wait for this game i am so excited omg
Seriously excited for this :smile: will be interesting to see which pokemon are going to be getting mega evolutions (other than the ones in X/Y some of which were from Hoenn), the otter starters are a must, looking at the tentative box art it looks like Groudon/Kyogre will have a mega evolution. I'm also keen to see how Hoenn looks using the same engine used for X/Y, sure I read somewhere that it's not going to be 100% in 3D though, so I presume only battles and any cutscenes. I've got it on preorder already, roll on E3 so we get a release date and some decent gameplay :smile:

Oh just to add, I'm 22 and still get addicted to pokemon when a new games released. Is anyone ever 'too old' for Pokemon?

Quick Reply

Latest