The Student Room Group

Anyone else getting tired of the way our society is going?

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Dont think you are, I dont have any of those, Twitter, Faceboook, personlly feel its a waste of my time
But it does enable you to have more access to things, worldwide and locally.
I hate selfies lol, dont get it
Reply 2
im 18 but i really hte selfies and hashtags :biggrin: i have a facebook thats rarely used and i dont have any other social network websites, i know what you mean lately things have gotten bad with everyone wanting attention, why was selfie added to the dictionary... thats so stupid. :confused:
I'm tired of people talking about society as if they have no influence on it.

You're honestly complaining about hashtags of all things you could complain about? Why do you care enough about them to hold such a negative opinion on them?

Selfies too. People are just taking pictures. It's not like they've never done that before. They existed before cameras and during that time there were probably the biggest kind of attention seeking.

Stop sweating the small stuff. You'll just make yourself frustrated over something with so little value.
Reply 4
Dont think you are, I dont have any of those, Twitter, Faceboook, personlly feel its a waste of my time
But it does enable you to have more access to things, worldwide and locally.
I hate selfies lol, dont get it
Reply 5
I don't hate these two things in particular, and God knows people have probably been saying this since the dawn of time, but I'm very tired of the cheap, shallow, "me me me YOLO" hedonistic youth culture that's currently around. It's producing some real spoilt entitled brats. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a killjoy or one of those people who never parties or has fun, but people seem to be taking much longer to grow up and stop acting like children, and society seems to be suffering for it.
Reply 6
Original post by chickenonsteroids
I'm tired of people talking about society as if they have no influence on it.

You're honestly complaining about hashtags of all things you could complain about? Why do you care enough about them to hold such a negative opinion on them?

Selfies too. People are just taking pictures. It's not like they've never done that before. They existed before cameras and during that time there were probably the biggest kind of attention seeking.

Stop sweating the small stuff. You'll just make yourself frustrated over something with so little value.

Selfies are hashtags are just the sympoms - it's the attention seeking which causes them that perplexes me?
Reply 7
Yes, yes, yes! Pompousness and narcissism are two of humanity's biggest evils, in my opinion.

And also, I really hope the purpose of that #SELFIE song is meant to be a parody of modern society, otherwise the fact that it's as popular as it is proves my original point.
Reply 8
People have always been like this. It's just we didn't have the internet to show off on.
Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
Selfies are hashtags are just the sympoms - it's the attention seeking which causes them that perplexes me?

What's perplexing about people wanting attention?
Reply 10
Original post by chickenonsteroids
What's perplexing about people wanting attention?

Well, why? And why so much more now than before?
absolutely nothing wrong with selfies. It's no different to asking a stranger to take a photo of you and/or friends. The whole point about taking photographs is for memories, or to show your friends and family lol.

You lot seem bitter.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
Well, why? And why so much more now than before?

People are always going to be somewhat self-centred because they're the most important part of their own lives. Which is fine. Personally, I don't know if it's distinctly more or we just see more of it because that sort of stuff is public. How often do you use 'I' in a conversation compared to 'you' or 'we'?

Don't let it bother you too much. You'll get frustrated for no good reason at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending