Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, so I'm interested in taking a gap year before going to uni, but I'm not that sure on some aspects of it. As in, do I apply before doing the gap year or after? And I've heard of deferred entry does that just mean a gap year. Can someone clear everything up, thanks.
sjrobertson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi there,

Yes, a deferral is just taking a gap year, but you will already have your university place before your gap year starts. So you would be going there the September after your year out

If you apply after your gap year, you will have to wait another year as all your UCAS will be done after. I would recommend apply to uni as a deferral - IF you know what you want to do at uni. If not, take a year out, or more! I didn't apply with a deferral as I had resits to take in my gap year, so I just applied in the beginning of my year out!
Rep:
?
Thanks for the reply. Say I have all the grades and got into a university, is it necessary that I do something like a work placement during the gap year or can I just stay home and relax?
sjrobertson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kcorbins)
Thanks for the reply. Say I have all the grades and got into a university, is it necessary that I do something like a work placement during the gap year or can I just stay home and relax?
Sorry about the late reply - ironically been off travelling!!!
Not at all, you can do whatever you want in your gap year, some just work all year, I travelled or you can watch tv for a year! It's up to you
Rep:
?
(Original post by sjrobertson)
Sorry about the late reply - ironically been off travelling!!!
Not at all, you can do whatever you want in your gap year, some just work all year, I travelled or you can watch tv for a year! It's up to you
Thanks for the reply! Appreciate it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (314)
83.96%
No (60)
16.04%

Watched Threads