Debenhams Interview help Watch

kyliexxx
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hi, i have been invited for a group interview for a desire store near me. Can anyone tell me what i ahould expect and so on. Also what is the pay and benefits like at Debenhams? are they worth working for?
dischord
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nothing to be scared about at all. Worked Christmas last year in the restaurant in my local Debenhams (Merry Hill).

Group assessment is basically a presentation featuring handouts, health & safety videos, group and individual activities based on sales, and pick an item and then 2 related items. The most challenging part is that they will probably ask you to approach a customer. Overall its not hard, just us your common sense, be willing to discuss and be proactive. Then you get an interview, really friendly, usual questions and to determine where and when you can work.

My pay was okay, its not brilliant. Found the managers and staff fine to work with. I've been invited back for this Christmas and intend to take them up, after I find out my situation tomorrow. Restaurant's alright, but try for another department if you can. You tend to smell of baked beans and baby food after a shift.
nk_angel89
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I work there currently and I get paid £5.05 p/h and for a 17 year old, that ain't bad. The manager where I work is a bit of a b***h but everyone else is really nice - esp my colleagues.

Like Dischord said, you'll be given a product and asked to sell it to the group. Just be confident really. I was also given a one on one interview straight after the group interview and all the questions were really basic. EG - Why do you want to work here/What can you offer/ Previous exp, etc.

Good Luck!!!
Montrose
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Is Desire also a separate shop not always found in Debenhams? If so, it would be them you're actually working for, not Debenhams.

If it is Debenhams youre working for though, pay depends on age and experience. I am 19 and on £5.50 an hour, but then I have been a manager in previous jobs and also have fashion retail experience so most people get slightly less. Staff discount is usually 15% after 4 weeks and 25% after a year for people on more than 8 hours a week.

I enjoy working there. It is reasonably relaxed, if a little mind numbing.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (132)
18.38%
No (436)
60.72%
Not really bothered about them (150)
20.89%

Watched Threads