Miss Rigsby
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
hi

I am a graduate and I currently do some freelance writing.. i like to review TV and Games.. don't get paid for it though.

Looking for a job or internship in Leeds in Media/ Writing/ Journalism.. I do look on Yorkshire graduates, but wondering if theres anything else i could do?

Thanks
happyinthehaze
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have you approached the local papers? They sometimes have 'young reporter' type schemes - do you have a school newspaper? Or any sort of community group who produce a newsletter you could write a little thing for? You don't HAVE to write about TV and games, you could diversify a bit. For example, where I am, there is some sort of funded 'Big Lunch' initiative, where the community gets together for fireworks night etc - you could write a review of such a thing for inclusion in the next newsletter - this type of thing.
Miss Rigsby
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
starting to get back into the university magazine too.. hopefully can get more published for that
catheriner84
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello was wondering if anyone could help me,

I am hoping to go into acting however if this does not work out something I'm looking into is journalism/news reading (although i know these are also very competitive). At the moment I have just taken my AS's...
Drama - A
English - A
French - B
History - B
I will likely do a degree at uni in drama.
At the moment i am going to drop either history or french (if i drop french i will continue french lessons out of school) so was wondering if you think dropping history would damage a potential future news reading career? Or do your a levels not have much of an impact?
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (717)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (911)
42.91%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (402)
18.94%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.38%

Watched Threads