Having big problems with History GCSE...

Watch
iMacJack
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys,

I'm at the end of year 10 and I've been having lots of issues with History, we have a teacher who is about 20, she's in college and can't teach properly. She can not control the class and about 8 in the class are annoying distracting and arrogant every lesson, I'm trying to learn and it's near impossible. I've tried going to the head of the year etc but they say just to give it time, but I've had enough, it's my actual GCSE and it's depressing to see it going down the drain.

Any help?

Thanks!
GoldenEmblem277
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Teach yourself. If the teacher is failing to teach you, then take matters into your own hands. If you can, find a history tutor outside of school to help you. Loads of Practise at writing the essays will also help you improve. Buy the textbooks and make your own notes out of them. Be proactive!

I hope that helps you!

Also: What are you studying exactly? Just curious.
iMacJack
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by GoldenEmblem277)
Teach yourself. If the teacher is failing to teach you, then take matters into your own hands. If you can, find a history tutor outside of school to help you. Loads of Practise at writing the essays will also help you improve. Buy the textbooks and make your own notes out of them. Be proactive!

I hope that helps you!

Also: What are you studying exactly? Just curious.
OCR History A - GCSE!
Thank you.
GoldenEmblem277
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by iMacJack)
OCR History A - GCSE!
Thank you.
I did Edexcel History GCSE, so cannot give specific advice. Also, read around the courses you are studying. Something you would have to do for A Levels, but doing it early can give you a extra bit of own knowledge to use in essays.

And it's ok! I know how it feels to struggle at a GCSE, and glad to know that've I helped make it a bit easier for you
Magistl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Go check out https://www.youtube.com/user/revisegcsehistory - My History teacher is brilliant at what he does, but I do AQA and OCR covers quite a bit of detail on the contrary to AQA, so naturally, I'm curious and teach my self more than I really need to. The point I'm trying to make is, you can teach yourself GCSE without a teacher as long as you know where to look. Best of luck.
Jessbear
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by iMacJack)
OCR History A - GCSE!
I have just finished OCR History A exams. I did Medicine through time and Germany 1918-1945. The SHP Textbooks are really good to make notes from the sources and main body although there is too much information on a few topics. Lots of my friends used the CGP revision guide and loved it. Using revision guides is fine as long as you can expand all of the points into developed reasons like your textbook will (using a past paper Mark scheme will help you to see what the examiners look for to class an answer as developed. Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (53)
36.05%
No (77)
52.38%
I don't know (17)
11.56%

Watched Threads