How is revision going for The Odyssey AS module aqa cc?

Watch
ScienceConfusion
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Feels like very few are sitting this module!!
bethblur
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Finally found someone haha. Awful! I have no idea how to. Just reading chapter summaries. Hoping for the suitors or generally what the gods do to help

Posted from TSR Mobile
ScienceConfusion
Rep:
?
(Original post by bethblur)
Finally found someone haha. Awful! I have no idea how to. Just reading chapter summaries. Hoping for the suitors or generally what the gods do to help

Posted from TSR Mobile
A CC friend!! I'm the exact same.. like its such a vague subject! I literally have no idea, did civ 1 on Wednesday, and though it was alright, I don't know how many marks I'd have scored, since I messed up the (20) a lot! Plus the smaller markers. So I need to get more marks in the Odyssey now and no idea how to get them. Was going through essays that could come up, and got - Odysseus' way with words - Role of God's other than Athene - Athene's role alone (she's up so much) - Fate and the role of the gods on Odysseus' journey home/his success. And as you said, probably the suitors at some point. Hope it's not a mean paper!
bethblur
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wow thanks for topics! Really helpful. I did civ 1B and thought it was tricky as well! I also feel like my 20 and 10 were bad so we have that much in common haha! I was relying on it being good and the odyssey being a bit worse but i also need to pull up marks now. I find books 1-12 ok its him coming home that i find hard. I know the stuff and could answer a 1 mark direct question paper fine, but its going in and thinking on the spot for a 30 marker or whatever that will be really tough without essay plans. Just complete improvisation! I have a feeling Telemachus or Athene could be a 20 marker this year. The two 20 markers on the last paper were awful but the 30 markers were great

Posted from TSR Mobile
ScienceConfusion
Rep:
?
Do you have the older past papers? They're v good for ideas!! Though those are the main ones. Or maybe essays on -Do Odysseus' good qualities outweigh his bad ones- did the crew act with senseless stupidity on their travels- Is Odysseus too human to be a hero - though just ideas but if you learned points off for these, then you'd probably have a good understating of the themes and ideas. And there's only so much that can come up! Good to see how someone else found it ! Glad that the 10 marker on this question is a source! And at least we've more motivation for this paper now
bethblur
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haha my motivation is still pretty poor due to having history and english lit before it! They are good ideas of questions. We weren't taught the theme on speeches and techniques as an essay so that will be avoided lol. Did your class find the athenian democ paper ok? Im wondering how the scaling will go

Posted from TSR Mobile
ScienceConfusion
Rep:
?
Oh my goodness, I've those exams next week too!! Cc is overall easier, though I am panicking about Odyssey! No I've no idea about speeches either, and would not like a telemachus qu! Let's just try scrape as much back from civ 2 now while battling English and the dreaded history !
bethblur
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haha oh my! If you did RE as your fourth a-level we would match. I think i'm gonna learn some more odyssey tomorrow, and then a bit of poetry hopefully on wednesday. But thursday-monday will be history, monday night and tuesday and wednesday morning will be english and then wednesday night and thursday will be odyssey! That's the plan anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ScienceConfusion
Rep:
?
I DO RE!!! Re, English, and History CCEA but classical civilisation AQA. never have I found someone with matching subjects! History is soo time consuming literally spend ages on it. And I need to cram so much poetry, Chaotic week!!
bethblur
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh my god hahahahah exact same. I do early stuarts and ascendancy of france for history, and acts of the apostles and early church expansion in rome for RE. Really? I find history the easiest one of the 4 by far! It's my favourite though as well which helps. English poetry will be the death of me. I'm dropping RE so not really concerned about it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
bethblur
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Plz tell me you aren't revising right now lol i have an insane amount of cramming to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
ScienceConfusion
Rep:
?
History is so hard I think!! Though it's really interesting! We do Germany/Russia and same RE, I'm keeping re which is rubbish, have yet to revise it properly ! nope not revising can wait until tomorrow! We'll be fine, and definitely think poetry is the biggest struggle out of them all

bethblur
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Are you dropping any? I'm so glad i have someone who agrees with me on poetry lol. Germany would have been soooooo interesting. Did it at GCSE

Posted from TSR Mobile
ScienceConfusion
Rep:
?
Germany is great! Though there's so much, are you revising the things which haven't been up in a while or everything for source question? I don't know, it'd have to be cc if I was, but I really like it!
bethblur
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I liked class civ until i did the paper lol it was amazing at gcse and im leaving out 1 topic because i forgot about it and i simply cant be bothered making notes. We also leave out 3 mini topics at the end that are usually 12 markers but they will just he avoided, random stuff like witch craft and population in 17thC lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
ScienceConfusion
Rep:
?
The paper was evil! I didn't do gcse cc!! Wish I did though. Quite similar here, my results will depend on what comes up on the day entirely
bethblur
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Same which is terrible. I can't wait to see how u found the papers lol what did you get in your gcses?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ScienceConfusion
Rep:
?
A*, 4As and 4 b's, wbu? I was awful at science and maths!! So glad we've no more of them haha
bethblur
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I got 2A* 3A and 4B haha we are scarily similar not even kidding. 3 of my Bs were in triple science!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
ScienceConfusion
Rep:
?
Sooo similar! I got Bs in double award ! Triple would've been impossible for me!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
14.86%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (68)
30.63%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (27)
12.16%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (19)
8.56%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.41%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.03%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.35%

Watched Threads