The Student Room Group

What to pack for Uni :)

Hi all! Not sure if this has been posted before but thought I would share this article on what to pack for University :smile:

www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/student-life/10298536/Freshers-week-what-to-pack-for-university.html
Reply 1
Why do people keep publishing links to the subscription only Telegraph ?
Original post by Old_Simon
Why do people keep publishing links to the subscription only Telegraph ?

Not sure what you mean?

You are welcome :smile:
Original post by Khadijah8989
Not sure what you mean?

Well I can't read the link you put up because I am not a subscriber.
Well I can't read the link you put up because I am not a subscriber.

I am not a subscriber either and I can read the link. Maybe type 'what to pack for Uni Telegraph' into Google instead?
Reply 7
I can read the article and I'm not subscribed to the telegraph

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everybody gets a few free views per month. But not many. After that access is blocked. In effect users are spamming for a subscriber service. Plus very few people can see what their post is about.
Reply 9
I can also read it perfectly fine - thanks
I am glad you can all it see it... and hope it helps :smile:
Well it is possible that some users are at uni or other places which are in fact subscribers. There may be other exceptions. But the OP didnt seem to like the truth being pointed out.

I'm not a subscriber :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adammm96
There's no need to be so incredibly rude - obviously they didn't realise this and posted it out of good will.

And everyone apart from you has had no trouble accessing it. It's a really helpful article and there's no problem with it.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 13
I can read the article and I'm not a subscriber

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very helpful thank you! And no, I'm not a subscriber... :O
Well I shall continue posting until I am told to become a subscriber :smile:

Enjoy all :smile:
That list is bull****, you won't even need a third of that.

Clothes, stationary, electronics (pc, phone, tablet), a plate, a mug, a cup some a fork a knife, a big and small spoon. Some bed linen, if you need a duvet buy it when you get there, shoes, toiletries and some pictures for home comfort if your if you're into that.

That's it. You don't need a removal vans worth like the article suggests.
These what to bring to university lists are always dumb as **** I agree, I brought way too much stuff to university in terms of books that I never read and clothes that I haven't worn for many years, games that I never play thinking that I had to bring absolutely everything with me for some strange reason. Now it's going to be a pain shipping it all back home.
I don't think it's a 'bring everything on this list' guide. Its just naming what you may need... :smile:

I'll be talking my George Forman and my blender, don't think that was on the list? :P
This blog post has a great packing list for anyone still looking into what they need to pack for Uni - be sure to check out the more recent posts about top 10 things to pack and top 10 things to avoid packing for Uni
https://psychologystudyy.blogspot.com/2017/08/university-packing-guide-1st-year.html

Quick Reply

Latest