Turn on thread page Beta

M2 on thursday YIKES! watch

Announcements

ANY HUNCHES ON EDEXCEL M2?! BTW DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET SOLUTIONS TO M2 MOCK PAPER?

Probably guaranteed to have a ladder question and collisions. There's nothing in M2 that's really that hard though.

ReputationRep:
    I'll tell you:-

you will have a collision between two particles. u may not know e, one of the ball stops while the other hits the wall with another e which is given and hits the ball at the rest and stops. then u have to find e or soemthing like that.

you will have a centre of mass question, on composite bodies, one of whose centre of mases may not be known. tells you that when hung the axis is vertical and tell u to find it.

you will have a question about work-energy principle. something about the bike going down a hill and up another hill of a lower height and find the final velocity or something like that.

u will definitely have a projectile question. soemthing about a golf ball maybe. u will have to prove some euation they give you. something about the motion of the ball or something like that.

then u got the statics of a body. u will most probably have a ladder on a wall question. less likely , you will have a rod on a rough floor with a cable on one end.

well thats all I can think of. Remember if u can always work from the first principles. that way you are less likely to make silly errors.

I like all the algebraic questions in M2, like when they say "show that the speed of B after the collision is 1/3(1+e)u" or something.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I share the same view. But the thing is that if u dont get them right, on the first try, you are likely to get frustated and spend so much time on it. What should be done. is leave that question. complete the rest of the paper and go back to that question if you have time to spare

I agree, when u prove a thing u r 100% sure u r rite.Its just when u dont get it that u get damn frustrated!Doing the first sum without any hitches is important.that way u r confident for the rest.

ReputationRep:
    hey has anyone tried the jan 2003 m2 paper? on quiestion 4a, i cant show what they got, i can only get 2.8?? anyone else trierd it?

ReputationRep:
    i think i did that for my exam. can u tell me the question...

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.