The Student Room Group

A2 students - What time do you start & stop revising?

Scroll to see replies

Haven't revised for past 4 months but confident on getting A*A*A. Although, I studied hard since around September to January and managed to consistently get top grades from then until now.
Wake up at 7:30, eat breakfast until 8. Start revising at 8 and do it until 11 then have an hour break. Then carry on from 12 to 6 then have another hour break and then finish up from 7 to 10. Aiming for A*A*A*. Still have 9 exams to go, will decrease after I've gotten through some of them :smile:.
I get up at 7 and start one session till 10. (5/10 min breaks as well)
Take an hour break.
Get back around 11.30ish depending on motivation, keep going till 1.

I'm at a stage where I need to remember things, not write them out. So I'm done around 4/5. I refuse to go beyond that.
I have a rule: always start work by 9:00am. So I often get up about 7:30am, go for a run, eat breakfast, read the news, listen to some French radio. Then I work pretty much constantly from 9am-9pm, taking breaks for food and drink.

I'm aiming for A*A*A, and I need A*AA for uni.

This thread has got so many people aiming for such high grades!!
I do 12pm-2pm every day. Hoping for A*A*AA
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Haven't revised for past 4 months but confident on getting A*A*A. Although, I studied hard since around September to January and managed to consistently get top grades from then until now.

That's brave! No revision for 4 months!?!?!?!
Reply 26
Original post by Hannah196
So yeah, just like what the title says (:

And what grades are you aiming to get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wake up 6am start revising till 8am have breakfast, chill till 9, revise till 12 noon, go footy/gym come back have lunch, start revising again at 2, till 4 o clock revise more, then chill for the rest of the day :P

AAB
Original post by TheDreadedDuck
That's brave! No revision for 4 months!?!?!?!

I tend to just remember what was said in class although I still do the occasional past paper to make sure I don't forget. Opening a revision book however? Nah.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
I tend to just remember what was said in class although I still do the occasional past paper to make sure I don't forget. Opening a revision book however? Nah.

Fair enough. I tend to revise using past papers. Do you mind me asking what subjects you take?
My schedule's messed up..
i study the whole night upto 6am (with breaks)
sleep upto 9-9.30am
revise until 2-3pm (with lunch break and other smaller breaks)
sleep upto 6-7pm.
sometimes i can't stay up the whole night so i take a nap in between.
Original post by khizerahmed123
i wake up at 4:30am after i have prayed then go for a bike ride for half a hour after i have eaten breakfast about that time it is 6:00 so from 6:00am to 7:00 i memorise some quran then from 7:00 till 12:45 i study having 20 min breaks then pray inbetween from 1 till 7 i study with breaks then i chilll........ i am predicted AAA

Wow ... msA you're an inspiration (y)
Original post by muf_mur
My schedule's messed up..
i study the whole night upto 6am (with breaks)
sleep upto 9-9.30am
revise until 2-3pm (with lunch break and other smaller breaks)
sleep upto 6-7pm.
sometimes i can't stay up the whole night so i take a nap in between.

Really?! Think you should try to get back into a regular pattern maybe?

How do you cope on exam days, you must be really tired?!
Reply 32
lol i'm still doing 4 and i feel like i want to die
Original post by Olympiad
Really?! Think you should try to get back into a regular pattern maybe?

How do you cope on exam days, you must be really tired?!

i am trying to but i am just not effectively studying during daytime.
up till now its been fine cause i have not been having afternoon exams.from next week i'll have to figure something out though,i have 6 exams in the afternoon.
Original post by muf_mur
i am trying to but i am just not effectively studying during daytime.
up till now its been fine cause i have not been having afternoon exams.from next week i'll have to figure something out though,i have 6 exams in the afternoon.

Hmm is that because you genuinely just cannot revise during the day time or due to distractions?
Try starting to get into a normal schedule from Thursday - you should be fine by next weeks exams then.
Reply 35
Get up at like 8-9am, go on the bike till like 12pm, lunch/shower, revise 1pm to 4pm
hopefully A*A*A*A*
Reply 36
Is it called ultradian rhythm? Because that's what I follow. Revise in the periods you feel alert then relax as you go through a period of sluggishness, then once you perk up again go ahead with revision. :redface:
Wow some of these posts are crazy! I don't really have specific times I revise and tbh i'm really bad at it :/ still not feeling motivated even though my exams are in a week! I'm predicted AAB but I only need BBB, which seems very achievable for me, not that I want to jinks it :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm only doing 2-3 hours a day at the moment, but will do about 5-6 hours when i've only got a couple of days before my exams

I need A*AA, but will try to get A*A*A
Reply 39
I'm terrible at staying focussed at home, the only thing that seems to work is doing past papers and rewarding myself with varying amounts of food depending on how well I do- doing about 3 1.5 hour papers each day (takes less than 1.5 hours to do each one ofc), then spend 15-20 minutes after each one reading my textbooks to read up on what I got wrong. Doing about an hour a day of STEP maths too, predicted 4A*s and aiming for Ss in STEP.

Quick Reply

Latest