The Student Room Group

University application

If i get ABB for AS and get A* AAa prediction for A2 can i get an offer from Edinburgh and warwick for economics and politics
Moved to Applications and UCAS :smile:
Original post by golden tribe
If i get ABB for AS and get A* AAa prediction for A2 can i get an offer from Edinburgh and warwick for economics and politics

Can you? Yes.

Will you? Perhaps, with the obvious caveat that you need to meet the maths requirements that both have. Warwick are probably less likely given their higher requirements overall - which reflect their reputation and the numbers applying there for economics-related courses.
what about AAB at AS and A*A*A a for A2. I am doing law, economics and politics for as and plan on doing the As maths in A2 as there were not enough places last year. Also good personal S, work experience, summer school and volunteering. What are my chances of getting into Edinburgh or Warwick who both ask for At least a in as/ a level maths
Better AS results quite obviously mean a better chance of getting an offer from any university.

Why do you think your A2 predictions will be a grade above your actual AS results? Some schools have a policy of not doing that.

What did you get at GCSE Maths?
My economics and politics teachers are very sure i will get A*s, my law teacher doesnt predict anyone A*. Anyhow my gcse maths was very poor (B) so i though maybe if i get an A in AS maths i could stand a chance. both unis say they require at least As/ a level maths so i was thinking what are the chances

take into account good non academics (teacher ref, ps, work exp, volun, summer school)
My economics and politics teachers are very sure i will get A*s, my law teacher doesnt predict anyone A*. Anyhow my gcse maths was very poor (B) so i though maybe if i get an A in AS maths i could stand a chance. both unis say they require at least As/ a level maths so i was thinking what are the chances

take into account good non academics (teacher ref, ps, work exp, volun, summer school)

Without being harsh, why are your economics and politics teachers 'very sure' you will get A* when a) you haven't had your AS results, and b) you don't seem to be sure you will get AA at AS?

Much seems to depend on you getting an A at AS Maths, which doesn't seem likely to be easy given your B at GCSE.

Warwick in particular might not like your Maths GCSE and the dearth of 'facilitating subjects' at A-level.

However, you have five choices so can afford at least one aspirational selection.
what about Edinburgh, i want to get into Edinburgh as it is more internationally recognized and higher in the world rankings.
what about Edinburgh, i want to get into Edinburgh as it is more internationally recognized and higher in the world rankings.

Edinburgh might be slightly 'easier' given they only want AAA at A2, However, you would still need that A in maths at AS level - this is your biggest problem.

Rankings? Meh...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending