Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I hope you're right about it being easy, because that's what i'm holding out for.

I've got an A on unit 1 & 3, so i'll be aiming for an A on this as well.

The first question on the only sample paper we've looked at said "XYZ school is a public service organisation, name another public service organisation".

Ah, the joys of ICT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ultraviolent)
    I hope you're right about it being easy, because that's what i'm holding out for.

I've got an A on unit 1 & 3, so i'll be aiming for an A on this as well.

The first question on the only sample paper we've looked at said "XYZ school is a public service organisation, name another public service organisation".

Ah, the joys of ICT.

Im hoping for A too. I got A for Unit 1 and 3

What did you have to do for Unit 1 and 3??

ReputationRep:
    how is the documentation set out for this unit?

ReputationRep:
    Unit 1 was to do with presenting information (Read this as "using microsoft word and powerpoint") and Unit 3 was all to do with spreadsheets (Read this as "using microsoft excel").

Does anyone have any past papers for Edexcel Unit 2? I suppose I should try another one before tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Unit 1 was to do with presenting information (Read this as "using microsoft word and powerpoint") and Unit 3 was all to do with spreadsheets (Read this as "using microsoft excel").

Does anyone have any past papers for Edexcel Unit 2? I suppose I should try another one before tomorrow

Unit 1 and Unit 2 same as mine, what were your points???

I have got over 4 different past paper for my OCR!! Do you want me to test you???

ReputationRep:
    22/24 on Unit 1, and an A on unit 3... but my teacher hasn't told me my actual mark yet.

Sure, go for it. I'm not sure how similar the papers are though. Do you have msn? I could scan in the only paper I have and send it to you if you want...

ReputationRep:
    22/24 on Unit 1, and an A on unit 3... but my teacher hasn't told me my actual mark yet.

Sure, go for it. I'm not sure how similar the papers are though. Do you have msn? I could scan in the only paper I have and send it to you if you want...

yeap me have MSN.

Unit 1 you scored higher then me! I got 19/24 my friend got 24/24! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Three marks shouldn't really make that much difference to your final grade. It's it's about 4% of your AS marks, or just 2% of your A2 grade...

Anyway, i've sent you a PM with my msn address.

- James

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for the exam tommorow everyone!!! Anyone know how long this one is, I lost my timetable thingy??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkey)
    Good luck for the exam tommorow everyone!!! Anyone know how long this one is, I lost my timetable thingy??

Exam 2 hours

Thanks i need all the luck i can get.

ReputationRep:
    I am Edexcel and mine is 1Hr30Min

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Edexcel too must be an 1h30min one Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkey)
    2 hours, but I think you can finish it in one hour.

ReputationRep:
    What exam baord are you with if urs is 2hrs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mark1988)
    What exam baord are you with if urs is 2hrs?
    OCR.

ReputationRep:
    OCR AVCE ICT UNIT 2 exam today!!! Oh joy . . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigmy Goat)
    OCR AVCE ICT UNIT 2 exam today!!! Oh joy . . .
    Good luck! I've done it last year, you should be able to handle it as you just need to refer to your notes. In addition, there are questions that are not related to the notes, but you could answer them as you studied MIS, EDI, and stuff like that before.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to need the luck, I'm doing it at school and we've been given no help on anything as our teacher is not trained in it. We are doing it because we did the GCSE a year early, so hopefully I'll pass by guessing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigmy Goat)
    I'm going to need the luck, I'm doing it at school and we've been given no help on anything as our teacher is not trained in it. We are doing it because we did the GCSE a year early, so hopefully I'll pass by guessing.
    You will pass, you have your notes in front of you!! You just need to refer to it and write the page number on the exam paper.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! Just wondering if it's one of the really easy kinda questions can you just write the answer in the booklet or do you have to make reference to the page number, or can you do both?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 21, 2006

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.