Pigmy Goat
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
Did any1 do the GO4IT Sports Case Study for unit 2 this year??? It was the easiest test ever, what did any1 else think who did it.
pvjb
Report 14 years ago
I've been taking the double-award course (on my final year) and have pretty much finsihed everything. Except for Unit 5 and Unit 6 (the 15 hour external assessment ones) - But I lost my work to a virus... (I was doing most of it at home due to sickness and other family matters).. So now I'm gonna fail everything...

What to do? Its due in this week.... Is there anyway to have a late entry, or do I have to wait until next year to resubmit everything?
Jack Twist
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pigmy Goat)
Did any1 do the GO4IT Sports Case Study for unit 2 this year??? It was the easiest test ever, what did any1 else think who did it.

I did, quite hard really!
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by pvjb)
I've been taking the double-award course (on my final year) and have pretty much finsihed everything. Except for Unit 5 and Unit 6 (the 15 hour external assessment ones) - But I lost my work to a virus... (I was doing most of it at home due to sickness and other family matters).. So now I'm gonna fail everything...

What to do? Its due in this week.... Is there anyway to have a late entry, or do I have to wait until next year to resubmit everything?
What did you get in your first year of AVCE ICT? If you got a good grade, you might be safe. If you have a back up copy at school/college, I would get a copy from there, and start working from there. In addition, if your second year AVCE ICT coursework, you might be safe too.

The external assessment is an exam, you don't need to submit it. You give the notes to the teacher, and he/she will put it in the exam for you. If you can't finish it this week, I guess you will have the resit it in january.

Are you going to university by the way? If you are and have good grades in other subjects, they might still let you despite your AVCE ICT grade.
pvjb
Report 14 years ago
There is no exam. It's an assignment (done in the 15 hour allowed time) that has to be submitted to the tutor, then forwarded to AQA. Both Unit 5 and Unit 6 are the same rules.

And no, I'm not going to uni, I'm taking a year out for temp work.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by pvjb)
There is no exam. It's an assignment (done in the 15 hour allowed time) that has to be submitted to the tutor, then forwarded to AQA. Both Unit 5 and Unit 6 are the same rules.

And no, I'm not going to uni, I'm taking a year out for temp work.
Alright. You could resit it then since you are taking a year out.
Pigmy Goat
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lucas123)
I did, quite hard really!
Did you not do the case study then?
studentdave
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
When does the coursework for Presenting Information & Spreadsheet design be sent off to the exam boards?
I just wana know the final final deadline 4 coursework
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by studentdave)
When does the coursework for Presenting Information & Spreadsheet design be sent off to the exam boards?
I just wana know the final final deadline 4 coursework
The coursework should be sent off in May.
Aj2003
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So hows everyones coursework scores coming along at the moment?

Trev?????
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Aj2003)
So hows everyones coursework scores coming along at the moment?

Trev?????
Good. I got 1 A and ! B so far for the second half of the AVCE course. I've just done my pre-release exam on monday. Hopefully, I would score a grade C or above.

How about you, how's your coursework going?
kerry_452
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i've just done the 1st year of avce ict out of 2 yrs, but decided not to go back, i realise that hopefully after 2 years you can gain 2 alevels, so if i do well can i still get an alevel or what ? by the way didn't drop out cos i was crap at this subject, its just that i did ict gnvq and i'm sooooooo getting bored of college now, and i did all my c/work & exams for this year.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kerry_452)
i've just done the 1st year of avce ict out of 2 yrs, but decided not to go back, i realise that hopefully after 2 years you can gain 2 alevels, so if i do well can i still get an alevel or what ? by the way didn't drop out cos i was crap at this subject, its just that i did ict gnvq and i'm sooooooo getting bored of college now, and i did all my c/work & exams for this year.
Yes, if you do well, you can get the AVCE ICT qualification. It depends which award you just did so far. If it's single award (6 units, you just finished 3 units now, back to school you will be doing 3 more units), and that is worth 1 A-level, or if it's double award (12 units, you just finished 6 units, back to school you will need to do 6 more units), its worth 2 A-levels. If you get a E (single award) or EE (double award) or above, you an still get a qualification.
Pigmy Goat
Report 14 years ago
Hi, currently I am doing Unit 7: Internet Service and WebPage Design - for A3 on the criteria sheet it says 'include at least one interactive feature or other component using a different web language' - has anyone got any ideas of what the feature could be. I was thinking of adding a form and then validating it using Javascript - does this sound sensible to fulful this criteria.

Another thing is we have to 'add script commands for at least two additional components' would this be like a mouse over button???

Thanks

Anna
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pigmy Goat)
Hi, currently I am doing Unit 7: Internet Service and WebPage Design - for A3 on the criteria sheet it says 'include at least one interactive feature or other component using a different web language' - has anyone got any ideas of what the feature could be. I was thinking of adding a form and then validating it using Javascript - does this sound sensible to fulful this criteria.

Another thing is we have to 'add script commands for at least two additional components' would this be like a mouse over button???

Thanks

Anna
For that criteria, I made a guestbook using ASP vb script. In addition, I use some javascript on my website to make the it interactive.

Adding a validation using Javascript on a form would be fine.
MrJ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
validating form is excellant - an easier way to get the mark is using roll overs as these are interactive

regards mr j
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MrJ)
validating form is excellant - an easier way to get the mark is using roll overs as these are interactive

regards mr j
I have completed this unit already. I am currently waiting for my results. I'm just wondering do you mean roll over buttons?
JennLlama
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by trev)
I have completed this unit already. I am currently waiting for my results. I'm just wondering do you mean roll over buttons?
Roll overs are the things where when you put your mouse over something it changes. For example, if you have a button with a red background you could make a roll over so that when you put your mouse over it, the background changes to green.
Form validation would be a fine way to get the marks, as would roll overs.
Jenn xx
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JennLlama)
Roll overs are the things where when you put your mouse over something it changes. For example, if you have a button with a red background you could make a roll over so that when you put your mouse over it, the background changes to green.
Form validation would be a fine way to get the marks, as would roll overs.
Jenn xx
I understand now. I didn't use it, so I wouldn't know.
MrJ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
As for the second part of A3 "script commands for at least two other components" i normally get students to

1) use frames on there pages
2) include a form (already done to get a c grade)

regards mr j
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (19)
45.24%
No (12)
28.57%
I'm not old enough (11)
26.19%

Watched Threads