hasan1234
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by tjakul)
I'm in my 2nd year now and have got an A for last year. Got 81 out of 100 on Systems Analysis. I cant remember much now i think but i can help you out a little!
hey i m confused wit unit 5...every1 tellin me diff ansas n diff ansas 2 mark scheme aswel...how did u revise n preparre 4 da exam?
vickitimmins
Report 13 years ago
Hey im currently doing unit 13? managing and developing websites and for the A grade criteria it says i need a clear accurate and detailed evaluation, however i really dont know what to put in mine at all could any one help?
Guy01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by vickitimmins)
Hey im currently doing unit 13? managing and developing websites and for the A grade criteria it says i need a clear accurate and detailed evaluation, however i really dont know what to put in mine at all could any one help?
I'm doing this unit too at Wigan. I got this guide from one of the teachers.

Introduction - what kind of website you created and for what purpose.

Site Navigation - Is it easy to search for information in the website, are navigation graphics self-explanatory, is it easy to find your way back to the home page from other pages, etc.

Readability - Is text clear to read, have consistent font styles been used, have you used contasting colours for the background and text, do the graphics compliment the textual information, etc.

Aesthetics - Are the colours used for the background and text attractive and easy to read, is there a continuity of style between the graphics, is there a continuity of style, are the spatial arrangements of text and graphics complimentary, is the deign of the site in tune with the subject, what screen resolution does the website look its best, etc.

Site Information - Are there opportunities for the user to interact with the site and ask for additional information (Contact forms), Is the information on the website relevant to the subject, etc.

Loading a page - Do the large sized graphics in the website slow down the delivery of text onto the site, does the website load up quickly, does the length of the page force you to wait a long time before you can read all information, are there text alternatives to graphics and why have you used it, etc.

Possible Improvements - How could you have improved the website:rolleyes:

Good and bad points - Good and bad points about the website (cascading style sheets, frames, etc)
hasan1234
Report 13 years ago
can any1 help wit unit 6 database design? i am doing a database for managing a football club..
steverock
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Roberto175)
if u need any help giz a shout, got an A last year
hi plz i need help real bad on unit 26 WAN technologies would be most greatful for help
steverock
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Papillon)
IF and ELSE are all one. When you use IF, you will most probably use ELSE. Take this for example: If it is Monday, I will wear a hat, if not, quite simply, I will not. The structured English for this can be written as:

IF Monday
THEN Wear hat
ELSE Do not wear hat
End If

Notice that in structured English, ‘else’ represents the action ‘if not.’

Hope that helps.
thats ok but it should be;

if monday then
were hat
else
do not ware hat
end if
steverock
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mark1988)
What help exactly do you need? You will have to narrow it down a little and not just say you need help, say what exactly you need help with ..?
i need help with my wans assignment pleeeezzzzeee
mndl632
Report 13 years ago
need help with unit 5 systems analysis, an exam unit. I'm stuck on task 2, the dfd for the voucher system for the home in your heart scenario. Where do i start on it, what kind of things do i have to include on the dfd
nizzex
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hey. Is anyone here doing Unit 5 of the VCE IT? If Yes, I need your help, Please message me.
chilin_dude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by nizzex)
Hey. Is anyone here doing Unit 5 of the VCE IT? If Yes, I need your help, Please message me.
I'm doing it, however if its about pre-release it's too late for help...
flipshot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hi, Does anyone know if you retake an exam do you need to resubmit the pre-release even if you don't want to make any changes to it. I realise its a bit late now but the exam officer at my school didn't know and the teacher thats meant to be helping me has become uncontactable.
mark1988
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No you dont need to resubmit it if you wont be making changes, i re-took an exam in year 12 and wasnt making changes to the pre-release work and didint have to send it in again.
chilin_dude
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mark1988)
No you dont need to resubmit it if you wont be making changes, i re-took an exam in year 12 and wasnt making changes to the pre-release work and didint have to send it in again.
Yeah Marks correct - theres a register style piece of paper that teachers have, where they tick if you are keeping your pre-release mark or re-doing it again!
flipshot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Thanks for answering my question. Its a big relief I thought I was going to be 20 marks down on that exam already.
Papillon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Did anyone here do the unit 19 exam in January, if so, what sort of questions were asked? (Surely they will inevitably ask similar questions which were poorly answered in the previous series). The same goes for unit 23.

Thanks.
chilin_dude
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Papillon)
Did anyone here do the unit 19 exam in January, if so, what sort of questions were asked? (Surely they will inevitably ask similar questions which were poorly answered in the previous series). The same goes for unit 23.

Thanks.
I did unit 19 - it's the only one I've got better than a low C in... I got 77, 3 marks off an 'A' .
The only questions I had troubles with was the last few which had questions like 'what is virtual reality', 'what are holographics' each for two marks...
nizzex
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hey, I need help for Unit 9. Can anyone give me a documentation outlining the things needed to be done. OR I can give ANY unit in exchange for your Unit 9. message me
nizzex
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hey, I need help for Unit 9. Can anyone give me a documentation outlining the things needed to be done. OR I can give ANY unit in exchange or your Unit 9. message me
chilin_dude
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've got an A at 22 marks in Unit 9, what other units you done? Any of: 6, 4, 16?
Xtreme Hound
Report 13 years ago
Im resitting AVCE ICT Unit 2 and this is the third time. I only got 3 marks more when i sat the exam the second time. Theres quite a few answers you can decide on for some of the questions, like pros and cons. Whats worse is that you got to give reasonable reasons for stating your pros and cons
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Suffolk
    Undergraduate Open Day - Ipswich Main Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 9 Dec '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (197)
18.71%
Labour (545)
51.76%
Liberal Democrats (141)
13.39%
Green Party (58)
5.51%
Brexit Party (15)
1.42%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (17)
1.61%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.66%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (4)