The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Xtreme Hound
Im resitting AVCE ICT Unit 2 and this is the third time. I only got 3 marks more when i sat the exam the second time. Theres quite a few answers you can decide on for some of the questions, like pros and cons. Whats worse is that you got to give reasonable reasons for stating your pros and cons :frown:

Me too except this is my 4th time :eek:
i've got:
57 - however we then sent the last one for a remark and it went to 66 which is alright :smile:
Good luck!
Reply 361
lol did you do WANS
Well i sat that paper and i think i did a lot better than i did last time. There was one question on WANs which was 'explain what a WAN is'. Nothing else about it though. It was a bugger how it asked me why phones are better than faxes and why faxes can be better than phones and why emails are better than faxes. It can just go on for decades. The paper requires you to learn advantages and disadvantages and it is quite tricky. Glad its over anyway.
Reply 363
Hi, im new to this forum, so Hi!

Im taking the AVCE ICT course at Sixth Form, and im taking the Unit 5 Systems Analysis Exam TOMORROW! and all the Pre Prepared Work has been sent off.

I have completed the Unit 2 Exam on tuesday, and it went ok, but my teacher is very bad, and hasnt given us any revision for Unit 5, so i am dreading it, as i dont think the pre prepared work is very good, so i need to make up for it in the exam,

So has anybody got any advice or revision tips please, especially about what all the terms mean, for example Entities, and Attributes etc

Thanks in Advance

MDCooper
Reply 364
I wonder if the UNIT 19 you guys took will be same for us, which I have on Tuesday! Any advice for the exam. I need atleast a C for both exams if I am to have a chance at getting in to Kent uni.

I've got A - Programming, A - Project Management, B - Web design, B - HCI, D - Networking, for the 5 units in AVCE (double award), the other two are the exams and I need ATLEAST Cs.

Are Unit 19 and 12 as hard as Unit 2 and 5? Unit 2 and 5 were a PAIN I wonder if these will be any easier? Thanks!

EDIT: I'm gonna have to drop the Networking unit (D) because for our course we HAVE to drop two units :frown:.
Reply 365
Hi... I wonder if someone could help me with Unit 23? My teachers organised the course badly and decided to teach all of Unit 23, a quite complicated bit of the course, in two weeks. So yeah, I know basically nothing. If anyone knows a site or something that can help me out, it's much appreciated.
im sitting the unit 19 exam on friday 9th of june, i need help, what is it tht we need to revise?

anyone got any websites, links to revision material?
Reply 367
If anyone would like help with Unit 19 AVCE EDEXCEL, send me a PM, I have a lot of revision materials that will help you.
Reply 368
I was looking at this earlier in the year I'm sure it said you could not re-take units again after June 2006. It looks like edxcel have realised this was very unfair because we was not aware that we could not re-sit units when joining the course.

VCE ICT is being withdrawn after June 2006 (test re-sit opportunity in January 2007; portfolio re-sit opportunity in November 2006).

http://www.edexcel.org.uk/quals/vce/ict/adv2/gy312/ri/news/187679.htm
Reply 369
mark1988
If anyone would like help with Unit 19 AVCE EDEXCEL, send me a PM, I have a lot of revision materials that will help you.

Please can you send them to me ASAP

Thanks
Reply 370
Has anyone done Unit 12 The Internet: Systems and Services. I done the exam about a week ago and I thought the questions were all very similar to the questions in the past papers
Reply 371
Has anyone done Unit 12 The Internet: Systems and Services. I done the exam about a week ago and I thought the questions were all very similar to the questions in the past papers

Agree - but if they weren't similar, what kinds of questions would be asked? :confused:
Reply 372
Does anyone have anything for Unit 6- Databases? of yes, can you email me some documents to [email protected] . I have to give mine in tomorrow :eek:
Reply 373
when is results day?
Reply 374
Papillon
How did people find the Unit 23 exam (with regards to difficulty) and how well (mark-wise) do you thing you've done?

...just out of curiosity, that’s all.

I fount the first couple question quite good, but after that i fount that i missed parts i needed in my materials, no all down to writing, was quite hard.

When is results day?
Reply 375
nizzex
When is results day?

I think it is August 17th
yes i'm pretty sure its August 17th - although i already know what ive got! :smile:
My guess is his teachers told him his c/w marks, although they can change.
college told me...added up all the marks i got for the units (and examed units) got a BB - cud of done better, but i'm lazy! Best of the luck for the rest of you!
Reply 379
I got BC overall for this - my systems analysis and the impact comps on society & environment exam was utter rubbish lol..

Latest

Trending

Trending