The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Boring, but works! lol.
Reply 21
My advice is to complete the Pre release task as best as possible!!
Complete additional pre release tasks such as:

if they ask to draw a high level DfD for the current system ...
then in the exam they may ask you to draw a dfd for the new system!

If you put stuff which they haven't asked in the pre release and it comes up in the exam your done!!!

OCR people:
Desision tables are likley to come so i would revise them!
Reply 22
I'm doing the exam. Unfortunately ICT seems to be the least interesting i do. I'm aiming to get a B overall really, as I don't have the time or willpower to resit any of the tedious exams.
A lot of the unit seems to be common sense (for example, what you do at certain stages). The only thing you need to really revise is the order it happens and things like structured english/decision tables etc.
I'm going to focus on Math/Bio, and revise ICT again in the Friday/weekend before the exam.
Best of luck.
Reply 23
ICT easy for me and i find it interesting and so i do that little more revise to get full grades i predicted AA so that would be good i thing when i come to do this exam ill do ok will just have to look at past papers look at the pre realse and then its all sort of common sense and learn the different diagrams and that then you should fly through it

soph
Reply 24
Hi

In this unit you have to do 4 evaluations. 1 for each image created and one overall. What kind of things do you have to talk about in the overall evaluation? Thanks
Reply 25
does n e have the code for the results page for unit 7 in visual basic in the second year? thx i need help
Reply 26
I am doing a design booklet for Unit 3 - Spreadsheet Design and am really confused on what I put into it and how i lay it out. I have to put in user requirements, output presentation etc. But i do not know what the output presentation is, i thought it was print database. Also the reason i have to ask her as my teacher gives me no direction or information on what to do for each section in this unit.
Reply 27
Hello, I am doing a design booklet for Unit 3 - Spreadsheet Design and am really confused on what I put into it and how i lay it out. I have to put in user requirements, output presentation etc. But i do not know what the output presentation is, i thought it was print database. Also the reason i have to ask her as my teacher gives me no direction or information on what to do for each section in this unit.
Reply 28
Hey all,

This unit is doing my head in. Its the visual basic one and i have to create a parcel system but i just cant get it working as i dont understand all the text talk etc or what ever they call it (should listen more yes i know) :smile: but has anyone got an example of just the visual basic just to see how it works possibly as i dont get how all the txt talk is. I have unit 6 done with and completed but i cant get unit 7 and havent seen what unit 8 is about yet

Cheers all
Reply 29
The presentation is for AVCE ICT Unit 9, if anyone could help by giving me some feedback of what i should improve, add etc i would be very grateful as i need to get a really good grade.

I will send you the file if you reply or pm me.

Hope you can help.

Thanks
Reply 30
not sure what text talk is but there are some good books for this unit on the payne gallway website invest some pocket money in them as they will help if you are unsure

http://www.payne-gallway.co.uk/vba.html

regards mr j
Do I need to proofread all of the 6 documents that I have created and comment on them too? e.g. standard styles for the document. I've got some people telling me I do and my teacher saying I only have to proofread one of the documents.
Reply 32
for OCR you need evidence of proof reading for all documents as to get an A the criteria states in simple terms:

"all documents have been produced to a professional standard with no errors remaining"

so even if the proof reading symbols are not present i'd expect that the documents have draft as knowbody can produce a perfect document first time

i imagine because this is a complusory unit for all exam boards that the specification is the same or similar

visit my website for futher help which i give my students in terms of this unit

regards mr j
Reply 33
In OCR you have to proofread all of the documents and the document comparison essay to get an E according to the mark grid. I would assume that it was the same for the AQA board as well but you may need to check the mark grid (the page where you have to page reference where all of the evidence is)
Reply 34
Hi, has anyone got revison notes for this unit? or have a guide as to what i need to revise for the exam in may 2005?

i have been holiday and have missed so much, the lecturer is an A** hole who doesn't want to help. if there is any kind of information that anyone has that could help me please let me know or email me please.

Thank you.
Reply 35
Has anyone done this or have any examples which i can possibly use as i dont get the programming codes
Reply 36
Look at Trev's sig, theres a link to a shop where you can buy a really good unit4-6 book that can help.

Also what examination board are you with?
Reply 37
hi, just wondering if anyone can tell me what points i would need atleast for each unit to get a BC?

Thanks
Reply 38
what grades did everyone get for the 3 exam and pre release units? i got a C for all three of them, i had a chance to retake them next month to get a better mark but i dont think i could improve on it.

Also those who are on the second year of the course when do you have to hand in your final completed units?
Reply 39
I am taking the Edexcel AVCE ICT Double Award and i have the exam in May for Unit 2, does anyone have any tips for passing the unit, or know of any sites that will help with revision?

Latest

Trending

Trending