chilin_dude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by lisiang)
I got BC overall for this - my systems analysis and the impact comps on society & environment exam was utter rubbish lol..
Got a BB... Gutted as got 891 and needeed 9 more UMS for that AB!!!
Guy01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I got 884 (BB). Needed +14 UMS for AB.
mark1988
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I got 920/1200 [AB], which is better than expected, did much better on my Systems Analysis exam than I thought I would of done too, I got 60/100 [C] for it when I was expecting to do much worse on it, so overall I was very pleased!
SorayaCollings
Report 13 years ago
OK, so here's the situation.

Board: Edexcel (The course is being dropped, so coursework resit=November 06 and Unit 5 resit=January 07)

Unit 1 (Presenting Information): not completed
Unit 2 (ICT Serving Organisations): C
Unit 3 (Spreadsheet Design): not completed

Unit 5 (Systems Analysis): D
Unit 6 (Database Design): not completed
Unit 7 (Programming): not completed

I had 9 A*-C grades at GCSE, so got cocky during the AS year; found it hard, so didn't manage to do anything; then found it hard to keep up in the A2 year. Am retaking the A2 year at 6th form now, but would like a B overall (as my other 2 A Levels were Maths; got an A grade and Physics; got a U grade - don't think I can pull that up to a B, a C is going to be bad enough! )

Basically:

1. example of comparison report for Unit 1 needed; don't know how to start this report!
2. any good 'Systems Analysis' web pages, or have people found that the book written specifically for the Edexcel course was enough to do well?
3. Out of all 6 units I've mentioned, how would you rate Unit 6 (database one) in terms of:
• difficulty
• time needed to complete it?
Only this is the only one I have not made a start on yet!

....please? Would be very gratefully appreciated! Thanks ,

Soraya.
SorayaCollings
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Soraya)
3. Out of all 6 units I've mentioned, how would you rate Unit 6 (database one) in terms of:
• difficulty
• time needed to complete it?
Only this is the only one I have not made a start on yet!
Please guys, this one especially, because I have to give it in in 3 weeks; is that sufficient time?? Would very much appreciate it! Thanks,

Soraya.
chilin_dude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SorayaCollings)
Please guys, this one especially, because I have to give it in in 3 weeks; is that sufficient time?? Would very much appreciate it! Thanks,

Soraya.
3 Weeks should be enough IMHO.
Although unit 6 is by far the hardest one, I got my worst grade in that one, but only because I started it 2 days before it was due in (truely started from scratch) and I still got 13/24.
If I'm being honest I think you can easily get 20/24 on every unit by doing 1 weeks hard work with all of them!
Amz1
Report 13 years ago
Anyone doing or done Interactive Multimedia Project?

Any help?

Thanks
SorayaCollings
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by chilin_dude)
3 Weeks should be enough IMHO.
Although unit 6 is by far the hardest one, I got my worst grade in that one, but only because I started it 2 days before it was due in (truely started from scratch) and I still got 13/24.
If I'm being honest I think you can easily get 20/24 on every unit by doing 1 weeks hard work with all of them!
Thanks a lot for that, chilin_dude ; I know the database isn't part of the coursework itself, but I haven't started the database yet! I've just done and dusted Unit 1 (but had computer problems, so that's why the easiest one seemed to take so long! :rolleyes: ), so that's 2 and a half weeks to do 3 pieces of coursework ....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (206)
49.05%
No (48)
11.43%
I'm not old enough (166)
39.52%

Watched Threads