Aj2003
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Practise past papers, half the questions i got in the exam last year were from the past papers.
talksoccer
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
Has anyone done this
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mark1988)
I am taking the Edexcel AVCE ICT Double Award and i have the exam in May for Unit 2, does anyone have any tips for passing the unit, or know of any sites that will help with revision?
There's no need to revise, it's just based on a pre-release material. You just have to annotate your notes where the answer is on the question paper.

Since you are taking it in May, buy or ask for the January 2005 past papers. Therefore, you would know what will come up in May 2005. For example, the functions of the organisation question appeared in January 2005, obviously this question won't appear again in May 2005. Furthermore, just improve the notes that will appear in May. Hope you get what I mean.
mark1988
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have all ready asked my tutor for a copy of the Jan 2005 exam but he says he does not have any as no one was entered into the exam for Jan 2005, do you know where i can get a copy from?
mark1988
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I recieved my Unit 3 assignment back today to do the improvements on. This was my teachers note:

"6/24 = U, Complex facilities not well evidenced in Tech Doc, if you include this improvement then you will increase your grade to High B /Low A, the rest of the assignment is excellent."

Then he says after that

"The complex facilties that you have not evidenced well in the Tech Doc are: Validation, Input Boxes, Sorting, Drop Down Boxes"

Can anyone help me with some of my queries:

a) How do i evidence them better?
b) Can someone remind me what Input Boxes are again (i forgot!)?

Thanks in Advance
HILFENBURGER
Report 14 years ago
i think you can get past papers from the edexcel website, not too sure about ones that recent though, i'm doing that exam too so i'll have a look....

i have to hand my web design assignment in on friday and i'm having trouble starting my evaluation...any tips?
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mark1988)
I have all ready asked my tutor for a copy of the Jan 2005 exam but he says he does not have any as no one was entered into the exam for Jan 2005, do you know where i can get a copy from?
You can order them from the exam board. Tell me the exam board you are following, and I will find the stuff for you.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by HILFENBURGER)
i think you can get past papers from the edexcel website, not too sure about ones that recent though, i'm doing that exam too so i'll have a look....

i have to hand my web design assignment in on friday and i'm having trouble starting my evaluation...any tips?
Talk about the good things and bad things you done in your website. In addition, talk about the improvements and other stuff that you can add next time when you do your website. Furthermore, comment about the structure of your website.
mark1988
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the exam board is EDexcel
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Edexcel order form - http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualContent/68362.pdf
Edexcel publications catelogue - http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualCon..._catalogue.pdf
mark1988
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I cant seem to find the Jan 2005 exam papers in the catalogue
chilin_dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey guys, my teacher has a copy of the Unit 2 jan 2005 test that was put out, I'll try and convince him to lend me it so that I can convert it to PDF and post up for you all - as long as this isn't against rules.
Aj2003
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hi mate,

I'm pretty sure it's not against the rules.

Any chance you could get the Edexcel ICT Unit 5 paper as well? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks AJ
chilin_dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Aj2003)
Hi mate,

I'm pretty sure it's not against the rules.

Any chance you could get the Edexcel ICT Unit 5 paper as well? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks AJ
Hi,
I'll look into getting it off him in the morning then - afraid I can't get Unit 5 though, since no one at our school did it!
HILFENBURGER
Report 14 years ago
does anyone know what i need to put for an introduction in my evaluation? im really confused

i got one mark off a C in unit 2 when i did it before, so annoying!
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by HILFENBURGER)
does anyone know what i need to put for an introduction in my evaluation? im really confused

i got one mark off a C in unit 2 when i did it before, so annoying!
You could write about what the evaluation is about. For example, 'this section is about the advantages and disadvantages of the system followed by improvements and features to be implemented in the future.
Pigmy Goat
Report 14 years ago
a) To provide evidence you need to show screen dumps (print screen button) of the drop down boxes etc.
b) Maybe you mean input messages? Well input messages are instructions to assist the user or receptionist when entering the require information into the spreadsheet.
Pigmy Goat
Report 14 years ago
I'm doing the pre-release case study tasks for unit two, can anyone help me on what to do for task two, i don't really understand because all the answers are in the book so why do we have to write answers again!
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pigmy Goat)
I'm doing the pre-release case study tasks for unit two, can anyone help me on what to do for task two, i don't really understand because all the answers are in the book so why do we have to write answers again!
Which exam board are you following? I can only help you if I know which one you are following.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just take screen dumps on the complex facilities. The technical documentation should have screen dumps on how you created the complex facilities (e.g. take screen shots of steps you created a drop down box for example). In addition, annotate your screen shots.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (19)
45.24%
No (12)
28.57%
I'm not old enough (11)
26.19%

Watched Threads