Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I do AVCE ICT (single). I hope I did double award though. This year, the school introduced it. Hope they introduced it when I was doing it. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Lizze – That’s more like an A at least, surely?
    I dunno. I kinda remember my teacher saying that 35-36 was an A and 37+ was an A*. :confused: Do short and full course have different grade boundaries? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I m doing Edexcel Applied ICT, which counts for 2 gcses. I got B in mocks. Grade boundaries are high. U need to get 90 or 95% for an A*, 80% for an A.Coursework counts for 65% of the grade.

ReputationRep:
    Gah, I'm baffled as to how some boards have 2 projects?? Were they really really long?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me what things to revise for the unit 19: impacts of computers on society and the enviroment exam

thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    The question is:

"describe how management information systems (MIS) might be used to help different managers make decisions, in particular a Branch Manager and the Buying Manager"

I've never come across MIS before and the internet definitions don't really make alot of sense, if someone could explain what it's all about I'm sure I could answer the question.

ReputationRep:
    I had to do two projects with AQA and I got 40/40 on both and only 65% in the exam and I still got an A* - it's easy peasy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxkellyxx)
    Can someone tell me what things to revise for the unit 19: impacts of computers on society and the enviroment exam

thanks xx
    Here's the spec: it tells you what you should know/revise: http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualContent/29837.pdf (p.239-248)

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    I do short course so I only had 2 projects, DTP and Database. I got 35/40 for DTP and 36/40 for Database. Think my exam will be dodgy though.......
    (mock wasn't fun)

ReputationRep:
    What **** heads your teachers are or masters or blagness - you may well do 18 units but you only get graded on the best 12 the other 6 where simply =

a) extra expense for the school at approx £10 per student per unit
    b) extra revenue for the exam board at approx £10 per student per unit

you must be at a rich school - i get moaned at for entering students twice for an exam as we cant afford it

regards mr j

ReputationRep:
    draw a map using the drawing tools in word = vector graphic
    take a picture using your mobile phone and upload it using infra red or blue tooth = bitmap of jpeg graphic

put them both on a homepage for your website using frontpage or front page express which you can download from my websoite and hay pressto - criterions met or at least from what you have said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrJ)
    What **** heads your teachers are or masters or blagness - you may well do 18 units but you only get graded on the best 12 the other 6 where simply =

a) extra expense for the school at approx £10 per student per unit
    b) extra revenue for the exam board at approx £10 per student per unit

you must be at a rich school - i get moaned at for entering students twice for an exam as we cant afford it

regards mr j
    Our school have technology status and we have money through that.

I know that we do 12 units. I wanted to do that so I could take 1 A-level that is worth 2 and 1 other A-level. Basically I would take 2 A-levels (1 6 units and 1 double award subject).

I'm going to ask my teacher why they didn't do double award in 2003. :p:

By the way, we pay for our own re-sits.

ReputationRep:
    anyone?????

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing AVCE ICT - and i think its great - except for the Artwork portfolio - our teacher was rubbish and just left us on our own to do it! - big mistake!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looby3)
    I'm doing AVCE ICT - and i think its great - except for the Artwork portfolio - our teacher was rubbish and just left us on our own to do it! - big mistake!!
    Mostly, all the units in A2 VCE ICT, it's all independent work. Sometimes the teacher can't help you. You just have to read the spec and find out on the internet how to do certain things to meet the criteria.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if anyone could help me, I am a first year student doing a double AVCE ICT course and am stuck on unit 3: spreadsheet design... I’m clueless on spreadsheets and am expected to create a complex system for a made-up scenario, I have chosen a "fashion house" to base the scenario, but what the hell is a design specification (sorry I’m a bit dumb).

Please if anyone can help...

ReputationRep:
    i do a double avce ict course (first year) and am kinda stuck on unit 3: spreadsheet design... can anybody help?

ReputationRep:
    If you have the mark scheme, it says what complex features you need to include. If you don't know, I will be willing to help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaso55)
    Hello, I am doing a design booklet for Unit 3 - Spreadsheet Design and am really confused on what I put into it and how i lay it out. I have to put in user requirements, output presentation etc. But i do not know what the output presentation is, i thought it was print database. Also the reason i have to ask her as my teacher gives me no direction or information on what to do for each section in this unit.
    hey, i'm kinda in the same boat, we have to choose our own project and start up a "complex spreadsheet system" easy... except the fact im completely clueless on where to start!
    as far as i can gather "output presentation" is a print database... but i would hold me to that..

ReputationRep:
    AVCE ICT is easy

Unit 1: A
    Unit 2: A
    Unit 3: C :rolleyes:
    Unit 6: A
    Unit 13: A
    Unit 7: ? :dontknow:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 21, 2006

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.