Narsha
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I did ICT with OCR..but I don't exactly know what I did for my coursework..
but then my teacher's saying that she marked them..so i guess i did do it..
also.. we used to do AQA but in year 11, we changed boards as we had a new ICT teacher. She won't tell us what we got for our coursework..ARGH?!
mcmam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i was doing short course gcse but i decided to chage and take on the full course. In the 3 months i had i managed to get full marks on my major project and i beat people who had been doin it for 2 years... Im doing OCR i got 28/28 28/28 and 60/60
Jack Twist
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I got A for both Unit 1 and Unit 3. Taking exam for Unit 2 next week. Wish me luck.
If i fail the exam i still get a overall C for this year. Its really good i was predicted a E overall. So yeah me.
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lucas123)
I got A for both Unit 1 and Unit 3. Taking exam for Unit 2 next week. Wish me luck.
If i fail the exam i still get a overall C for this year. Its really good i was predicted a E overall. So yeah me.
I don't think you would fail unit 2. If you don't do that good, you might get a low A at AS.
mark1988
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah i have my Unit 2 exam next week 2, also in a few weeks i am re-sitting Unit 12, but with my high coursework marks - (just re handed in my work last week into teacher and marks have increased a lot), my tacher says even with D's in the exams i can get overall B for this yr.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mark1988)
Yeah i have my Unit 2 exam next week 2, also in a few weeks i am re-sitting Unit 12, but with my high coursework marks - (just re handed in my work last week into teacher and marks have increased a lot), my tacher says even with D's in the exams i can get overall B for this yr.
Indeed, I told you would get a decent grade without a grade C or above in the exam. I got a D in unit 2 last year (2 marks off a C), I still got an A overall at AS.
icy_shadow2006
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i am doing a full ICT course and i got an average of 37/40 on the 4 courseworks. They were so easy and according to my teacher u can get an A* with about 60% in the exam, so i don't need to revise! Easiest GCSE EVER
Aj2003
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
On the other hand Trev, i got a high C in the exam and came out with a high B overall! lol.

I was 4 marks off an A, although one og my unit's was badly downgraded!!!!! So frustrating.
Cirsium
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hehe I shan't mention what i got in GCSE ICT :p: I wouldn't want to sound up myself My coursework was teh rox0r tho!!
trev
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Aj2003)
On the other hand Trev, i got a high C in the exam and came out with a high B overall! lol.

I was 4 marks off an A, although one og my unit's was badly downgraded!!!!! So frustrating.
Aww, that was so close. You could have re-sat unit 2 and get a higher mark. Therefore, your AS grade would be an A. I guess you need to use the A2 VCE grades to push your overall AVCE grade to an A. You can do it! Good luck.

By the way, what grade did you get in uni 1 & 3?
Aj2003
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Unit 1 - 15/24, this was the unit which was downgraded from 20.
Unit 2 - UMS = 69/100
Unit 3 - 24/24. That was a very thorough unit in my opinion and deserved nothing less than what it got.

Results so far:

Unit 4 - Hopefully 22, but haven't completed it yet.
Unit 5 - 63/100, but my PPW work in the exam was marked to 12/29, thus showing my actual examination performance was good! Although i'm retaking this unit (Next week) in the hope of getting up to 69 and match my unit 2 exam performance.
Unit 6 - So far, it's been given a provisional mark of 23/24, and hopefully it will stay at this, but i just need to emphasise some of the stuff a lot better.

How about you Trev?
trev
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Aj2003)
Unit 1 - 15/24, this was the unit which was downgraded from 20.
Unit 2 - UMS = 69/100
Unit 3 - 24/24. That was a very thorough unit in my opinion and deserved nothing less than what it got.

Results so far:

Unit 4 - Hopefully 22, but haven't completed it yet.
Unit 5 - 63/100, but my PPW work in the exam was marked to 12/29, thus showing my actual examination performance was good! Although i'm retaking this unit (Next week) in the hope of getting up to 69 and match my unit 2 exam performance.
Unit 6 - So far, it's been given a provisional mark of 23/24, and hopefully it will stay at this, but i just need to emphasise some of the stuff a lot better.

How about you Trev?
How come it was downgraded?

Mine were:

unit 1: 20/24
unit 2: 59/100 (ums)
unit 3: 24/24

unit 6: 77/100
unit 7: 91/100
unit 23: not sure yet, going to know in august
gaming_goddess
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hey Guys!

I'm doing the AVCE Edexcel Unit 2:serving organisation exam on mon 23rd of may 2005. I want to now if anyone has any tips for it or if anyone knows any websites where i can get revison notes or practice questions. If anyone has any practic questions that would be helpful. It's a resit I only got 61 last time but if i get 70 i can get an A overall so i'd really like to do well in it.

Thanks a bunch!

GG
xx

Got any ideas what the benefits of a DSS (Decision Support System) is on an organisation.
Btw the benefit of a DSS is that it gives a manager information needed to make and evaluate a decision. the defenition is:

DSS usually provides individual managers with the tools for making stand alone enquires, analysis and computer models. - hope that helps
trev
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gaming_goddess)
Hey Guys!

I'm doing the AVCE Edexcel Unit 2:serving organisation exam on mon 23rd of may 2005. I want to now if anyone has any tips for it or if anyone knows any websites where i can get revison notes or practice questions. If anyone has any practic questions that would be helpful. It's a resit I only got 61 last time but if i get 70 i can get an A overall so i'd really like to do well in it.

Thanks a bunch!

GG
xx
You could order them, as they don't have them online. Alternatively, you could ask your teachers for past papers. When you got them, change the questions to match your case study and do them. I did that last year and it works well.
xRes
Report 15 years ago
Use this thread to post information/help/tips on unit 2.
i will be taking the exam on monday!!

Panic!
Jack Twist
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Does anyone know any good revision sites??? Im really not getting this side of the exam. Please help!!
dumdum123
Report 15 years ago
No, I don't mean 2 hour exam...I mean 20 hour exam - not all at once mind.

Yes, 2 GCSE's for ICT...and I take General Studies because I'm not taking it at college... I'm doing the Performing Arts course which means you don't need to do General Studies...

The exam is not written aswell. You have to create a Presentation, use a publishing program and a word document - ...

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/vgcse/qp-...W-CB-Jun03.pdf

That was my exam paper...
dumdum123
Report 15 years ago
No, it's a 20 hour exam - Check out the AQA Webpage, under Double Award ICT...

I take General Studies because I am not taking it at College (I'm just doing the Performing Arts course)...

It's not a written examination....you have to use copious packages on the computer...don't try and suspect you know the course!
Aj2003
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Which examination board are you with?

Mr J's site might be useful for you, www.computech.me.uk. I don't even follow the same examination board he teaches, but the material on his site has helped me a hell of a lot.

Unit 2 is easy anyway!!!!! lol. Good luck with it.
Aj2003
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No idea mate, apparently the moderator thought it wasn't good enough.

But even if it was up to 17/24, i'd have been at least 10UMS's in to an A.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (70)
53.44%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
7.63%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
10.69%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (33)
25.19%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (4)
3.05%

Watched Threads