blinkrocker
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
hey, i have just finished my spreadsheet design unit and got a B on it, i designed a mail order form for a drum shop that is near by me

it was kidna kool, i rly enjoyed making and designing it, was a lot of fun
Aj2003
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If it's any help, i designed mine on a football clups income/expenditure books. I did this last year and got 24/24. I nicked the idea off of Championship Manager, lol.
Jack Twist
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Aj2003)
Which examination board are you with?

Mr J's site might be useful for you, www.computech.me.uk. I don't even follow the same examination board he teaches, but the material on his site has helped me a hell of a lot.

Unit 2 is easy anyway!!!!! lol. Good luck with it.

I thinks it OCR. Im doing GO4IT Sports.
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
GO4IT sports is OCR.
chilin_dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've got a question, I failed this in Jan so I'm doing it next monday again
However having read through the AVCE information and communication unit 1-3 book I'm very confused. It says in there, to quote 'each week you need to add to the notes that you will take into the examination and practise answering questions of the type that you will be faced with.'
Well hang on a second, we were NEVER told we were allowed to take notes in so can anyone confirm that we are allowed to take them in, as this will make the exam A LOT easier for me.
Thanks!

Also, does anyone have any past papers for this? Edexcel don't have any on their site, but there must be some floating around somewhere!
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chilin_dude)
I've got a question, I failed this in Jan so I'm doing it next monday again
However having read through the AVCE information and communication unit 1-3 book I'm very confused. It says in there, to quote 'each week you need to add to the notes that you will take into the examination and practise answering questions of the type that you will be faced with.'
Well hang on a second, we were NEVER told we were allowed to take notes in so can anyone confirm that we are allowed to take them in, as this will make the exam A LOT easier for me.
Thanks!

Also, does anyone have any past papers for this? Edexcel don't have any on their site, but there must be some floating around somewhere!
You are allowed to take in notes. You would just have to annotate your notes and write down the page numbers you annotated in the exam paper.
chilin_dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by trev)
You are allowed to take in notes. You would just have to annotate your notes and write down the page numbers you annotated in the exam paper.
Thanks for the reply!
I can't believe we weren't told about this!
However I don't fully understand what you mean by 'You would just have to annotate your notes and write down the page numbers you annotated in the exam paper.' Do you mean on the actual paper I have to state I've used my notes?
Jack Twist
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thanks for the reply!
However I don't fully understand what you mean by 'You would just have to annotate your notes and write down the page numbers you annotated in the exam paper.' Do you mean on the actual paper I have to state I've used my notes?

wait are you talking about press realease work or the section B one which is general questions- I dont think we allowed to bring notes in for Section B.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thanks for the reply!
You're welcome.

What I mean by that is you circle the answers and write the question number on your notes. After that, you write the page number in the exam paper.
Pigmy Goat
Report 14 years ago
Thanx Gaming Goddess
Aj2003
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well in that case, the website i posted above should help as it is based on the OCR spec.

Sorry i'm doing Edexcel and am not of much help.
Aj2003
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm on Edexcel and im pretty sure we weren't allowed notes.

I think on OCR you are though.

As you are on Edexcel, i'm pretty sure you're not allowed any notes in the exam.
suhaib
Report 14 years ago
i have my exam for unit 5 next week...i am completely lost with dfd's, flow charts, context flow diagram.....any help or information about them on da net??? i have no clue about em
gaming_goddess
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by trev)
You could order them, as they don't have them online. Alternatively, you could ask your teachers for past papers. When you got them, change the questions to match your case study and do them. I did that last year and it works well.
Thanks but i asked my teachers for them and he just gave me mark schemes :P oh well at least it's better then nothing.

i have my exam for unit 5 next week...i am completely lost with dfd's, flow charts, context flow diagram.....any help or information about them on da net??? i have no clue about em
Okay for DFD's and stuff my teacher made a web site called:

http://www.avceictlessons.co.uk/

it's got a whole unit on unit 5 - very helpful with practice questions and stuff, i used this and so did a couple of others and they manage to get things like 90% - last year sum1 got 100% using this stuff (i on the other hand got 65% but that's cool)

hope it helps
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gaming_goddess)
Thanks but i asked my teachers for them and he just gave me mark schemes :P oh well at least it's better then nothing.

Okay for DFD's and stuff my teacher made a web site called:

http://www.avceictlessons.co.uk/

it's got a whole unit on unit 5 - very helpful with practice questions and stuff, i used this and so did a couple of others and they manage to get things like 90% - last year sum1 got 100% using this stuff (i on the other hand got 65% but that's cool)

hope it helps
Mark schemes are good as you can still predict what questions were asked. In addition, you would know how to write the answer when that question comes up again.
talksoccer
Report 14 years ago
Can anyone help with task 2 for AVCE ICT UNIT 8. I dont know what the user requirements and floorplans i have to do

Cheers
MrJ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
PM me for past section b questions as i'm no longer allowed to display these on my site due to copyright infrindgement
MrJ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the speed of my clock is:
60 RPM for the second hand
60 RPH for the minute hand
24 RPD for the hour hand

only joking......

clock speed is the number of processes or single instructions per second your computer can do. So a computer which has a processor of 600Mhz can handle 600,000,000 or 6x10^8 processes per second. Machines which are GHz handle at least 1x10^9 instrcutions per second.
InTeRRoGaToR
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mtbab)
two things i'm gonna guess you meant 2hour exam, and how do you do double award ict, what good does that serve, lol.
i go to a ****ty school....i noticed u have 100% in unit 3 , and i know plenty others in different schools have achieved the same........
i did absolutely everythin teacher told me n got
93% in unit3 and 83% in unit 2.......need 64% in unit 1 now to get AA overall...so not too bad.............i have a question about unit 1..........in past exam papers it says that we shud label with headers and footers in tables on access...............HOW DO U HEADER AND FOOTER ON A TABLE IN ACCES ( NOT ON A REPORT)

please reply....nice 1
suhaib
Report 14 years ago
any revision material for ict serving organissations unit???? got da exam in 2 days
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20

Do you work while at uni?