trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by suhaib)
any revision material for ict serving organissations unit???? got da exam in 2 days
www.computech.me.uk After that, find unit 2 there, and there will be loads of notes.
sherunsaway
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i spent a whole half term jumping through the hoops on the first coursework (OCR B) and was kinda please when i got 64/64 on it with 4 [email protected] teachers. The other i couldn't be arsed with so i only got 53/64 but that's still 117/128 or 55% of my total mark which is pretty good considering ive had 5 [email protected] teachers and some in the class got less than 20/128. and ive just done the key skills multiple choice paper which was the most boring hour of my life which i think i got full marks on so so far ive got about 75% of my mark which is probably a B even if i sleep through the last paper and write nothing. lol.
vish
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
hey, i need help with advantages and disadvantages on some key terms like BACS, EDI CAD/CAM/CIM (and loads more)!!! anyone know any websites that help me find this out??
Blind Reapear
Report 14 years ago
Hi guys im retaking

Unit 5 Systems Analysis and
Unit 19 Impact of Computers on Society & the Environment
Both with Edexcell

I didnt do too well first time round hence the retake does anyone have any good revision notes or sites that could help me in these units ir eally ned to do good or looks like i wont be going to uni. I dont really have much on these my self except for some half exam papers my teachers arent really helpfull when it comes to retakes.
Jack Twist
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by vish)
hey, i need help with advantages and disadvantages on some key terms like BACS, EDI CAD/CAM/CIM (and loads more)!!! anyone know any websites that help me find this out??

U dont need to know about BACS, CAD/CAM OR CIM
just EDI.
Jack Twist
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I do AVCE ICT Single Award. I want to get a "A" overall, So far im doing two units two As. Do i have to get A for all my units in order to get A overall??

How many points do you need to get A overall if anyone knows

Thanking you.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lucas123)
I do AVCE ICT Single Award. I want to get a "A" overall, So far im doing two units two As. Do i have to get A for all my units in order to get A overall??

How many points do you need to get A overall if anyone knows

Thanking you.
Add the AS units to your other 2 units that you got an A on. Divide those 5 units out of 600 (e.g. 290/600). When you get the answer, try some numbers out to see if what grade you should get in order to get an A overall. After that, add the six units up and divide them by 600.
mark1988
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Can anyone help with the following:

Define MIS?
Advantages of MIS?
Disadvantages of MIS?

Define EDI?
Advantages of EDI?
Disadvnatages of EDI?

Thanks in Advance
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
MIS - http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/M/MIS.html
EDI - http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/E/EDI.html

You could google for the advantages and disadvantages for MIS and EDI. I did that last year.
Jack Twist
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Theys always a question on processing and calculations can anyone tell me how I can answer this question????
DeadHead
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
34/40 and 35/40

no idea what grade that is though
Jack Twist
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Does anyone know does the teacher keep your pre-realeses or do they send it off to the exam board, Im doing OCR.

I think I may have left a couple of pages out of my pre-realeses and i want to go back and check just to make sure, so do they keep the pre-realese or not??

Please someone!! Worried about my exam tommorow. Pleaz
ultraviolent
Report 14 years ago
Does anyone know does the teacher keep your pre-realeses or do they send it off to the exam board, Im doing OCR.

I think I may have left a couple of pages out of my pre-realeses and i want to go back and check just to make sure, so do they keep the pre-realese or not??

As far as I know they sent them straight off to OCR. Did you have a case study on Tatton Holmes Ltd.?

If so, I know ours were posted off last week sometime.

What revision have you done for the exam tomorrow?
Jack Twist
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ultraviolent)
As far as I know they sent them straight off to OCR. Did you have a case study on Tatton Holmes Ltd.?

If so, I know ours were posted off last week sometime.

What revision have you done for the exam tomorrow?

Mines GO4IT Sports so hopeful theres chance. Why would the exam board want to see are pre-realases work?

I have done revision in:
LAN AND WAN
EDI
E-COMMERCE
CENTRALISED DATABASES
TELEPHONE
VIDEO CONFERNCING
EMAIL
FAX
ultraviolent
Report 14 years ago
Mines GO4IT Sports so hopeful theres chance. Why would the exam board want to see are pre-realases work?

I have done revision in:
LAN AND WAN
EDI
E-COMMERCE
CENTRALISED DATABASES
TELEPHONE
VIDEO CONFERNCING
EMAIL
FAX
In which case I expect the rules aren't the same. We're not allowed to bring any material into the exam room with us, but we've already seen our case study and done a few questions in class that count towards 20% of the exam grade.

This was all sent off last week. I wrongly presumed you were talking about this.

Having just looked on my exam timetable it appears i'm with Edexcel. Sorry about that, I should have looked before I replied to your first message
Jack Twist
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
In which case I expect the rules aren't the same. We're not allowed to bring any material into the exam room with us, but we've already seen our case study and done a few questions in class that count towards 20% of the exam grade.

This was all sent off last week. I wrongly presumed you were talking about this.

Having just looked on my exam timetable it appears i'm with Edexcel. Sorry about that, I should have looked before I replied to your first message

Dont worry about it
So you cant bring a pre-realeses with you!! How are going to answer the questions?? How do you get the other 80% of the exam???
ultraviolent
Report 14 years ago
80% of the exam unit (Unit 3) will be assessed by the written paper tomorrow. Almost all of the exam looks like it's going to be questions like "Name an advantage and two disadvantages of using email". "Explain why email would be important to Tatton Holms Ltd", etc..

I'm not at all worried about it, and I haven't even done that much revision. I dont even have that much to revise from, as most of it is about general understanding of computers which can't really be taught.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

They keep it at school and when it is in the day of the exam, they put the pre-release material on your desk. After completing the exam, the invigilator would take your pre-release material notes and the exam paper away.

You can get it back if the exam is in the afternoon. If it is the morning, you can't do that.
Jack Twist
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by trev)
They keep it at school and when it is in the day of the exam, they put the pre-release material on your desk. After completing the exam, the invigilator would take your pre-release material notes and the exam paper away.

You can get it back if the exam is in the afternoon. If it is the morning, you can't do that.

Im in the Afternoon exam plus my teacher are dead sweet. Its only me being paranoid worrying about it. I just have to make sure that all my pages are correct and all the right Info.

Is this for OCR Exam Board?? Postive?
Jack Twist
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
80% of the exam unit (Unit 3) will be assessed by the written paper tomorrow. Almost all of the exam looks like it's going to be questions like "Name an advantage and two disadvantages of using email". "Explain why email would be important to Tatton Holms Ltd", etc..

I'm not at all worried about it, and I haven't even done that much revision. I dont even have that much to revise from, as most of it is about general understanding of computers which can't really be taught.

Thats so easy!! Advantage and disadvantages thats only worth like 20% of our final marks, so unfair.

What grade are you going for overall???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Suffolk
    Undergraduate Open Day - Ipswich Main Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 9 Dec '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (197)
18.78%
Labour (541)
51.57%
Liberal Democrats (141)
13.44%
Green Party (58)
5.53%
Brexit Party (15)
1.43%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (17)
1.62%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.67%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)