Ideas for what to say for Head Boy speech?

Watch
shredder457
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, I just applied for Head Boy at my school, and have got through the first stage and have been asked to deliver a 2-3 minute speech in assembly on the topic "What I feel passionate about". I feel passionate about computers, medicine (hopefully going to medical school if I get good enough grades) and helping others, but I'm not sure how to choose one of the above and talk about it in assembly. Have you got any ideas on what kind of things to include and how to talk about these for that length of time, along with any other general tips?

RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you talk about medicine you can talk about the importance of helping others and of applying scientific knowledge for the betterment of mankind. You can discuss how it is a noble profession and how lucky we Britons are to live in a country with free healthcare. You could share your disgust at how apathy and ignorance can lead to the world's deadliest killers going largely unstopped. You could reflect on the value of life and the tragedy that is its brevity. You could challenge preconceptions about the industry and inspire by retelling the stories of the most famous contributors to the field (e.g. Pasteur). And if necessary assert how your beliefs make you suitable for the position of Head Boy.
Bassetts
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
"I feel passionate about this head boy role because it will look really good on my UCAS application" :yy:
BlackLipBastard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Give a shout out to the based god
Kitty-meaw
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Bassetts)
"I feel passionate about this head boy role because it will look really good on my UCAS application" :yy:
:rofl3:
FREYA2898
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Maybe you should concentrate on what others would like to get from you rather than specifically what you want to do in the future. So what are your qualities? How will you improve/change the school? What are you offering to the students that other candidates are not.
Carpe Diem Jay
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Bassetts)
^This! Lmao, I didn't do jack all as Head Boy this year. All for the UCAS application xD
Kitty-meaw
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by shredder457)
Hi, I just applied for Head Boy at my school, and have got through the first stage and have been asked to deliver a 2-3 minute speech in assembly on the topic "What I feel passionate about". I feel passionate about computers, medicine (hopefully going to medical school if I get good enough grades) and helping others, but I'm not sure how to choose one of the above and talk about it in assembly. Have you got any ideas on what kind of things to include and how to talk about these for that length of time, along with any other general tips?

You could give the ''i had a dream'' speech LOl!
Cc11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm doing it tomorrow
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
31.17%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.34%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.43%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.09%
No - I live at home during term anyway (40)
25.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed