The Student Room Group

Why do older men tend to have massive bags under their eyes?

Are they not exhausted? Some of them look like they haven't slept for days. Is it a sign of stoicism?
I'm debating whether to be stoic and 'man up' or whether it's indeed more sensible to try and improve my sleep hygiene, i.e. get off the computer at a reasonable time. I've done the most of my…life since A2s slightly sleep deprived, some days as an insomniac, I'm wondering how normal/healthy that is.

Scroll to see replies

pic as exampl plz
They're tired and stressed. Life as a man is not easy. You have to wake up early, slog out a hard day at work, provide for your family. Women have it so much easier (in before childbirth comments).
Your threads just becomes weirder and weirder. It's obviously better to improve your sleep cycle. For goodness sake how is it reasonable to man up and forgo sleep. Sleep is essential for you to function properly. People who don't get enough sleep are more susceptible to certain diseases and are more likely to die earlier. Please tell me you don't think it's somehow admirable to 'man up' and not sleep.

Also maybe those older men have difficulty sleeping? How old are we talking about anyway?
because the patriarchy hurts men too
Reply 6
Original post by FishLover
Your threads just becomes weirder and weirder. It's obviously better to improve your sleep cycle. For goodness sake how is it reasonable to man up and forgo sleep. Sleep is essential for you to function properly. People who don't get enough sleep are more susceptible to certain diseases and are more likely to die earlier. Please tell me you don't think it's somehow admirable to 'man up' and not sleep.

Also maybe those older men have difficulty sleeping? How old are we talking about anyway?

Well my friends seem to be taking pity on me when I have to leave a party early because I feel tired, at the same time their general energy levels are higher. :s-smilie:
Is this weirder? I've made a lot of threads about sleep before.
Original post by Bassetts
They're tired and stressed. Life as a man is not easy. You have to wake up early, slog out a hard day at work, provide for your family. Women have it so much easier (in before childbirth comments).

Oh god. Just get a sex change and live as a woman if you think we have it so much easier.:rolleyes:
Original post by Riku
Well my friends seem to be taking pity on me when I have to leave a party early because I feel tired, at the same time their general energy levels are higher. :s-smilie:
Is this weirder? I've made a lot of threads about sleep before.

Well maybe your friends are not constantly losing sleep so they are able to party till late a few nights because they can make up for the lost sleep the next day or over the weekend. In your case you have difficulty sleeping so you must be constantly sleep deprived. Well judging by what you have said in other threads, it's more likely that you imagined their pity. Doesn't matter anyway. If your tired and don't want to party then there is nothing wrong with leaving early.
Reply 9

You could just, like, not raise a family :wink:

Although I do want to be able to hove a son and daughter run into my arms one day ^_^
Reply 10
Too many nights out and a reluctance to use skincare products.

All of your posts are either insulting to women, or complaints that women don't want to be with you. Do you not see what your problem is?
Reply 12
Original post by FishLover
Well maybe your friends are not constantly losing sleep so they are able to party till late a few nights because they can make up for the lost sleep the next day or over the weekend. In your case you have difficulty sleeping so you must be constantly sleep deprived. Well judging by what you have said in other threads, it's more likely that you imagined their pity. Doesn't matter anyway. If your tired and don't want to party then there is nothing wrong with leaving early.

What you're saying is making sense but only half going in because I've been up on this all night and am starting to nod off. I decided not to nap but to tough it out for today, get an early night and start fresh; this prevents adjustment of the body block right :smile:
In any case I'm really not sure how I've managed to consider the very physically and mentally impairing effects of sleep deprivation as some sign of stoicism, courage and fortitude :s-smilie: that would suggest I'm not quite thinking straight.

Because women totally don't have jobs or families :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
riku stop making excuses and go to sleep!
Reply 15
Original post by lucaf
riku stop making excuses and go to sleep!

Isn't sleep an excuse not to go shopping/do my work though? :s-smilie:
Reply 16
Original post by Riku
Isn't sleep an excuse not to go shopping/do my work though? :s-smilie:

you have been debating having a nap for two hours. If you had just done it you could have been up and working again by now. Give yourself an hours kip, go to the shops, and then do your work.
Reply 17
Original post by lucaf
you have been debating having a nap for two hours. If you had just done it you could have been up and working again by now. Give yourself an hours kip, go to the shops, and then do your work.

Oh right, sorry I got erm, distracted…happens more when I'm home alone and tired ironically :redface:
After seeing his sexist comments on like three threads, beginning to hope that Bassets is a troll:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
They're tired of ****ty threads on web fora.

Quick Reply

Latest