A2 Edexcel Drama and Theatre Studies Written Exam - Theatre Texts in Context Watch

AdamBruce
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys, I was wondering how everyone doing the 'Theatre Texts in Context' exam was feeling about it, and how people are preparing for it?

I'm doing 'Woyzeck' for Section A and B, and 'Twelfth Night' for Section C. I was wondering how you properly structure a solid Section B response - I've got a structure but I'm not sure if it works!
CeeJay96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm also doing Woyzeck, and Hamlet for Part C.

Not too sure for structure on part B, I would say get your main directorial intentions written in the introduction ie. what concepts from Buchner's play you're focusing on and what context you're setting it in. Then move on to the main body.

You could start off talking about what style of theatre you're doing it in, then talk about acting style, and then design as a separate section. Just make sure you link it all back to Buchner!
AdamBruce
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
How did you find the exam?! I thought there were some pretty nice questions, apart from the visual, aural spatial one in the (c) part of Section A Which B and C questions did you do?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (11)
9.09%
Disagree (6)
4.96%
Neither agree or disagree (41)
33.88%
Agree (46)
38.02%
Strongly Agree (17)
14.05%

Watched Threads