A2 English Lit: is The Canterbury Tales poetry?

Watch
i'mlaura
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm finding wider reading quotes for my English Lit exam a week on Friday.

I can't find any prose seduction quotes in my notes. Any suggestions?

The Canterbury Tales' would be counted as poetry though wouldn't it because it's in verse and they didn't really have prose then?
rocket0612
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes, its poetry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i'mlaura
Rep:
?
(Original post by rocket0612)
Yes, its poetry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thought so, thank you!
Teddysmith123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by i'mlaura)
I'm finding wider reading quotes for my English Lit exam a week on Friday.

I can't find any prose seduction quotes in my notes. Any suggestions?

The Canterbury Tales' would be counted as poetry though wouldn't it because it's in verse and they didn't really have prose then?
Hi yes it is, I've only read two of them though: The knight's tale and The Millers tale. I think we both have the same exam since mine is on the following friday too, love through the ages right? Do you have any tips to writing the actual question, I feel I spend way too much time on writing and not enough on the actual writing itself!
i'mlaura
Rep:
?
(Original post by Teddysmith123)
Hi yes it is, I've only read two of them though: The knight's tale and The Millers tale. I think we both have the same exam since mine is on the following friday too, love through the ages right? Do you have any tips to writing the actual question, I feel I spend way too much time on writing and not enough on the actual writing itself!
I posted another thread asking for tips as well and no-one replied...

How many wider reading quotes have you got for different types of love? Apparently half of what we write should be wider reading! I got an E in my AS exam last year, so I'm really worried!!
Teddysmith123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by i'mlaura)
I posted another thread asking for tips as well and no-one replied...

How many wider reading quotes have you got for different types of love? Apparently half of what we write should be wider reading! I got an E in my AS exam last year, so I'm really worried!!

um I have learnt a few quotes so like one or two from each of my wider reading texts, but the split should be 30% wider reading and the rest comparing the two texts - or that's what i've been seeing in most reports...
i'mlaura
Rep:
?
(Original post by Teddysmith123)
um I have learnt a few quotes so like one or two from each of my wider reading texts, but the split should be 30% wider reading and the rest comparing the two texts - or that's what i've been seeing in most reports...
Oh okay thanks. I have a 20 page word document trying to find quotes for different types of love.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.43%
I'm not sure (59)
4.7%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (367)
29.27%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (610)
48.64%

Watched Threads