sophiecourtier1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thought I'd post a new thread just to see who else has applied for Accommodation in Mackinder Halls for 2014/15
U.esther
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hey sophie! i applied there. so glad i got offered a space
sophiecourtier1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by U.esther)
hey sophie! i applied there. so glad i got offered a space
Wooo! The halls are lush aren't they. Have you been to any open days? What course is it you're doing?
U.esther
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah! The look great from the pictures. Yeah I went for one last year but I didn't really get to see the accommodations. I'm doing accounting and business. Have you been to any open day? And what course are you doing?
CherryCrush
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey there, I'm currently at Mackinder and if you have any questions about this hall or living in halls in general, or anything else, feel free to ask My suggestion is if you have an opportunity, go and check the accommodation, the newer halls are really great place to live. I'll be on the open days after 2 weeks, but I don't think that they'll allocate me to the accommodation tour, but nevertheless, if I can be of any help, just write me and good luck to everyone!
Mlwells94
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey,

I am doing accounting and business too and have been offered a place in Mackinder! Went to see it at the open day and preview day and it seems really nice.

Does anyone know what the move in day is and how we book an arrival slot or do they announce these closer to the time?
Lauren___e
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mlwells94)
Hey,

I am doing accounting and business too and have been offered a place in Mackinder! Went to see it at the open day and preview day and it seems really nice.

Does anyone know what the move in day is and how we book an arrival slot or do they announce these closer to the time?
I was having a look on the website yesterday and they now have halls arrival guides! If you read them it will say the arrival day for your hall

Really hoping that I get offered a place in Mackinder! (Well provided I actually meet my offer…)

Posted from TSR Mobile
U.esther
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey,

Hey Mlwells!! its great to finally meet someone doing this course too and staying in mackinder aswell.. you can find all of that info on the welcome page and the arrivals guide. (to book the arrival slot you have to complete your e-induction first through the student portal but im not sure if you can do all of that now)
amyws
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm definitely moving into Mackinder this year!
zizza
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Now you've got me worried. Son hoping to go to Reading and has applied for accommodation but last time I asked him he hadn't heard anything more. Must get him to check!
F1's Finest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you guys are wondering what Mackinder is like, this video will show you what it looks like inside.

The video is actually for Stenton Halls but the inside of the halls are pretty much the same, just the different colour schemes:

Mlwells94
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey Mlwells!! its great to finally meet someone doing this course too and staying in mackinder aswell.. you can find all of that info on the welcome page and the arrivals guide. (to book the arrival slot you have to complete your e-induction first through the student portal but im not sure if you can do all of that now)
Hey, same, so glad I found someone! I have done my e-induction but there was no link after it? Have you booked yours yet, I'm so excited! Have been on a gap year so bored out of my mind at the moment.
Mlwells94
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lauren___e)
I was having a look on the website yesterday and they now have halls arrival guides! If you read them it will say the arrival day for your hall

Really hoping that I get offered a place in Mackinder! (Well provided I actually meet my offer…)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for your help, they are really useful. I'm sure you will meet your offer! Good luck x
TK95
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lauren___e)

Posted from TSR Mobile
HEY! I've got a guaranteed room in Mackinder halls for this year that I no longer need. If you want, you can take it up from me! Let me know if you are interested ASAP.
NaheemK
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
So who's bed am I sharing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
TK95
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by zizza)
Now you've got me worried. Son hoping to go to Reading and has applied for accommodation but last time I asked him he hadn't heard anything more. Must get him to check!
HEY! I have a guaranteed room in Mackinder Halls for this year that I longer need. If your son wishes, he can take it off me straight away. It's there if you want it! let me know if interested ASAP!
U.esther
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, same, so glad I found someone! I have done my e-induction but there was no link after it? Have you booked yours yet, I'm so excited! Have been on a gap year so bored out of my mind at the moment.
really? i havent even done my e-induction yet (when i logged on i couldn't do anything), but what i read was that after the e-induction you'll be able to do that. its probably too early then. you should probably just keep checking back. Same here!!! i'm literarily counting the days for this summer break to be over. So excited to be back in England!!! :P
Mlwells94
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
really? i havent even done my e-induction yet (when i logged on i couldn't do anything), but what i read was that after the e-induction you'll be able to do that. its probably too early then. you should probably just keep checking back. Same here!!! i'm literarily counting the days for this summer break to be over. So excited to be back in England!!! :P
Yeah, it just says e-induction completed but nowhere seems to say book arrivals or anything? You are probably right, maybe they have to wait until everyone has been made offers?

Where are you from/have you been?
U.esther
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah, it just says e-induction completed but nowhere seems to say book arrivals or anything? You are probably right, maybe they have to wait until everyone has been made offers?

Where are you from/have you been?
Yeah i guess so. Im from Nigeria. i've been in nigeria for most of my gap year. I was in england before that for my a levels (Had a blast! :P). I'm guessing you're from England?
Mlwells94
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah i guess so. Im from Nigeria. i've been in nigeria for most of my gap year. I was in england before that for my a levels (Had a blast! :P). I'm guessing you're from England?
Oh that's cool Where did you do your a-levels? Yeah, I'm from Cambridge
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed