In your opinion , what is the worst school year? Watch

ecwrawsmackdown
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
for me - it has to be Year 6 - had a terrible teacher to shouted a lot of the time , the good thing about it was i left primary school afterwards so got a new challenge in high school
SassQueen13
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For me it's probably year 7, for some reason literally everyone is mean and *****y in that year
GCSEsitter
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Year 8 , it's completely useless.
Autistic Merit
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
6th form for me was pathetic and depressing.
MidnightDream
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Year 8 I suppose, the number of arguments I had that year was beyond ridiculous :laugh:
isaaccharles
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Year 9 because that's when you're new to the school.
Valyrian
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Year 10s because they're inbetween being a prick and still being a pre teen and are incredibly annoying...
notevensoph
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Year 9- that awkward stage in life.
May95
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
7, 8 or 9!! You are made to do drama!!
Whitemouse
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Year 11, for me it felt like an endless year of jumping through hoops to pass exams and memorizing information rather than actually learning anything. It was boring and stressful most of the time.
Ndella
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Year 9 - too much *****iness (if you went to a girls' school)
Pink lipstick
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
All years were quite s*** for me being the 'quiet kid'. Year 10 was the worst. Moved to a new school, no one wanted to be friends because skin colour, couldn't transfer until year 11.
Asciant
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Year 8 my English teacher was the worst person ever
kmcg97
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Year 9 is bad because it's the beginning of the awkward teenager phase... but Year 11 is awful. You don't learn a single thing - it's one big memory test. At the end of it I didn't even feel pleased or accomplished.
Krollo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Year 8 for me, with Year 7 in close second. They were both so utterly pointless. I could have easily started the GCSE courses then and gained two years, there's nothing conceptually difficult. Instead we just watched Brainiac: Science Abuse for an entire year in Science. I understand that schools have to cater for everyone, but I actually had a lot more homework then than I do now in Year 11 and about 10% of it served a purpose.

Anyway, why all the Year 11 hate? If you go out of your way to read around the subjects, then you actually eliminate all the memorisation because it sticks so much more easily. I think this year is where I started to truly grow as a person. But then I find exams enjoyable, so I'm not exactly a normal kid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
amelimoo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Year 9 because of the pure *****iness and constant arguments or year 10 because your doing exams without study leave and no one takes the fact your taking GCSEs seriously. I've actually quite enjoyed year 11 even if it was academically stressful!
chocolatesauce
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Year 8 was rubbish and pointless
lionandpeace
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Year 10 was easily the most depressing year to me. It's that process of maturing, and you're in-between young and reckless to maturing young adult, so ultimately you're just a bit of a pretentious nob. Wait, this isn't just me, right?
platosbesty
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Without at doubt for me it was the whole two years at sixth form which thank God I finished last week. Never have I had such a consistent time of lowness and stress, tears and just feelings of being unworthy damn I hated it. But it's over now!!
edgarcats
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Y7 and Y12 (which I've just finished). Starting at a new school is never a fun experience. Thankfully I only have one more year of school left.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.29%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.92%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.79%

Watched Threads