The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Homosexuality vs Incest

Scroll to see replies

Original post by (Ari)
But that's the main argument gay rights people have :lol: That's why they're so desperately trying to find a gay gene etc.

That's not the main argument of gay rights.The main argument of gay rights are that it doesn't hurt anyone more than heterosexual relationships/intercourse. People just say that homosexuality is natural to debunk your argument on its own terms, because they don't think you're intelligent enough to understand the false logic behind it.
Reply 41
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Both have health concerns.

There are no proven health concerns linked purely to homosexuality. There is a higher prevalence of HIV with homosexual males only because homophobia drove homosexual males underground and created a sub- culture of casual sex.

There is a higher rate of mental health problems amongst homosexuals because of the stress and pressures of homophobia. There is a slightly lower life expectancy amongst homosexuals, due to a combination of these factors.

So homophobia causes health concerns for homosexuals, not homosexuality itself.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PythianLegume
That's not the main argument of gay rights.The main argument of gay rights are that it doesn't hurt anyone more than heterosexual relationships/intercourse. People just say that homosexuality is natural to debunk your argument on its own terms, because they don't think you're intelligent enough to understand the false logic behind it.

So I take it you're all for incest then? :rolleyes:
How about if the feelings are legitimate (or at least claimed to be) by two consenting adults of age. Would there be any wrong-doing in that instance?

What are you trying to achieve here? Nobody cares about the stupid point you're trying so hard to make. You want people to be against gays so you try and correlate them to people who practice incest. You are saying you are disgusted by gays as much as you are disgusted by incest, though most incest occurs in heterosexual scenarios for starters, nonetheless they are two different things, like such user stated before incest isn't a sexual orientation. Whether you like it or not, homosexuality will never go away. Debate all you want. Run stupid threads like these. It will never go away, ever.
How about if the feelings are legitimate (or at least claimed to be) by two consenting adults of age. Would there be any wrong-doing in that instance?

Yes that is incredibly wrong. Feeling can mature between any body but to confuse love of a family member for love of a partner is wrong. Yes it happens, but it's very naive to compare the two.
Regarding incest: I guess if both parties are consenting adults, as much as it pains me to say this, however they get frisky in their own time is none of my business. Deformities in an incestuous lovechild are a pretty clear indication that it's probably not the best idea but, y'know, none of my business as long as it doesn't affect me.

You can't compare homosexuality to incest because one is a conscious decision (well, I hope so anyway. I guess it's rape otherwise) and one is not.
The argument homosexuals make regarding being allowed to do what they do is that there are two mature people consenting which doesn't harm anybody.

So how about if a Mother and Son / Dad and Daughter (being of age) were to engage in sexual activity (incest) or a romantic relationship?

Shouldn't that be deemed acceptable as to the standards of many 'homosexual rights' advocates.

Thoughts?

Disclaimer: This is not a hate thread towards homosexuals but much rather a question to help clarify my understanding on why those who advocate homosexuality don't advocate other 'similar' (in the loosest sense) affections which go against modern day dominant ideologies.

Further Disclaimer: I personally don't condone any of the above.

You are up too late for a child of your age. You should be in bed not perving on the internet bothering people with damn fool questions.
Original post by PythianLegume

Can be argued for incest couples too :rolleyes:
Original post by (Ari)
So I take it you're all for incest then? :rolleyes:

As others have said, incest is fine as long as it doesn't involve an element of grooming. I'd like to see why you object to it.
Original post by EmmaHalley
Yes that is incredibly wrong. Feeling can mature between any body but to confuse love of a family member for love of a partner is wrong. Yes it happens, but it's very naive to compare the two.

"It's wrong" isn't a reason.
Original post by (Ari)
Well you're right, people who want gay rights but sneer at incest are simply hypocrites (so pretty much every gay right activist). Fact is humans shouldn't be doing either of these because it's not natural. The popular argument against this is that homosexuality occurs in nature, but guess what else also occurs in nature? Animals eating their young, eating their own faeces and a whole load of other **** that doesn't (and shouldn't) apply to us. We're above animals, that's plain to see, anyone who denies it is an imbecile. If we're all sticking to this dumb logic "it occurs in nature" then we should all be grilling our turds and sticking them on naan bread along with a side helping of our children's limbs. No :facepalm2:

Well, natural means that it occurs in nature. So it is natural indeed.

You don't like it, that's a different matter.

Yes. Yes it can.
Well. let's be honest, I've never heard of a horror film where the villains/monsters are predominantly homosexual. Inbred on the other hand... That would tend to prejudice people a little. Not that I'm immune. From a moral standpoint I view incest as disgusting.
Original post by (Ari)
Well you're right, people who want gay rights but sneer at incest are simply hypocrites (so pretty much every gay right activist). Fact is humans shouldn't be doing either of these because it's not natural. The popular argument against this is that homosexuality occurs in nature, but guess what else also occurs in nature? Animals eating their young, eating their own faeces and a whole load of other **** that doesn't (and shouldn't) apply to us. We're above animals, that's plain to see, anyone who denies it is an imbecile. If we're all sticking to this dumb logic "it occurs in nature" then we should all be grilling our turds and sticking them on naan bread along with a side helping of our children's limbs. No :facepalm2:

If homosexually isnt natural why do people feel that way? Did you wake up one morning and decide that you were straight? No. The same way someone who is homosexual didnt decide to be gay/bisexual/pansexual, its part of who they are. The same way that you can't imagine being homosexual they cant imagine being heterosexual.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 54

Not at all. You conveniantly forget the psychological damage of incestous relationships. If the law regarding physical assualt means that ABH can be upgraded to GBH based purely on psychological factors then it is safe to say we can use psycological damage as an argument against incest.
Reply 55
Some people in this topic are quite disgusting if they truly believe that incest is acceptable just because homosexuality has gained traction in mainstream society.

What about the deformed children?

What about the age difference?

What about psychological abuse or years of grooming?
Original post by Clip
I did a dissertation on this.

What kind of joke degree was this for? :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by EmmaHalley

For this statement to be credible, you must prove that love is an objective concept defined by certain laws.

Original post by versacezippo
What are you trying to achieve here? Nobody cares about the stupid point you're trying so hard to make. You want people to be against gays so you try and correlate them to people who practice incest. You are saying you are disgusted by gays as much as you are disgusted by incest, though most incest occurs in heterosexual scenarios for starters, nonetheless they are two different things, like such user stated before incest isn't a sexual orientation. Whether you like it or not, homosexuality will never go away. Debate all you want. Run stupid threads like these. It will never go away, ever.

I'm trying to achieve a greater understanding on why incest is wrong according to the logic of homosexual rights advocates (or at least the majority of them).

Saying incest isn't a sexual orientation doesn't make your argument against incest any more viable.
Original post by manchesterunited15
"It's wrong" isn't a reason.

Being incest causes many psychological and mental problems. It can make those feel insecure, and also will cause them to have great, great bullying in schools or in their work place.

Counselling can be given to help the incest.

Reproducing in incests can cause major problems in the offspring including limb deformity, mental limitations and other major factors. This is why its wrong.
Original post by alapa
Not at all. You conveniantly forget the psychological damage of incestous relationships. If the law regarding physical assualt means that ABH can be upgraded to GBH based purely on psychological factors then it is safe to say we can use psycological damage as an argument against incest.

How do you intend to prove psychological damage in every incest relationship. Does that mean you advocate denying people the right to choose whom they are in love with?
For this statement to be credible, you must prove that love is an objective concept defined by certain laws.

I'm trying to achieve a greater understanding on why incest is wrong according to the logic of homosexual rights advocates (or at least the majority of them).

Saying incest isn't a sexual orientation doesn't make your argument against incest any more viable.

If you wanna be incest be incest. I think its wrong. Just don't reproduce as they will have problems whether it be physical or mental. This is proven.

Latest