Engineering sponsorship/year in industry? Watch

This discussion is closed.
figgetyfig
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
just wondered if there are many engineers in the forum who considered the year in industry, or like me, decided they wanted to go straight to uni and found it really difficult to find sponsorship and work experience without actually having to take a year out...
Recusant
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm doing Mech Eng at Nottingham next year as long as I get the grades. They did stress that they prefer you to do a year in industry beforehand but I don't want to be getting the work experience in when I won't really have the background knowledge to fully appreciate what's going on. I might consider doing a Year in industry after the first 2 years but Nottingham don't cater for it normally so I'd have to sort it all out by myself. Anyway, what course and where are you applying for?
figgetyfig
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Cambridge, I have an offer. I've written to a few companies and it seems they're not so eager to sponsor undergraduate students as they were a few years ago.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by figgetyfig)
Cambridge, I have an offer. I've written to a few companies and it seems they're not so eager to sponsor undergraduate students as they were a few years ago.
Im at exeter now, seems the 2nd year is when ppl start getting vacation work and then sponsorship.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
Im at exeter now, seems the 2nd year is when ppl start getting vacation work and then sponsorship.
Have you sent off for sponsorship Ollie?
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Have you sent off for sponsorship Ollie?
I approached a few companies but they all said contact us later.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
I approached a few companies but they all said contact us later.
Awww, poor Ollie. That isn't fair. You should tell them where to stick it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (161)
47.77%
No (42)
12.46%
I'm not old enough (134)
39.76%

Watched Threads