Spanish GCSE speaking coursework Watch

joe4234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey, I have my Spanish speaking soon and I've only started Spanish at the start of this school year so I'm worried I won't understand the surprise question at the end. The task is a job I interview. I will be asked five questions. The points I need to make are; 1) self description 2) past work experience 3) jobs/chores 4) future plans 5) why I want to work abroad.

Do you have any ideas of a little paragraph I could learn for the surprise question because I doubt I'll understand it:/ thanks!
ImagineCats
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm currently planning my French speaking now, and it's about sport and leisure activities.

My teacher said in the surprise question, you only need to use a verb to get the mark. As it's a surprise question, it probably won't be worth much marks. He gave me an example, "do you play tennis," so I'd have to reply "No, I don't play tennis." (obviously in French...)

I'm guessing for you it'll be something like "Why do you not want to become a ____" or along the lines of that. Just speak at a normal pace, time yourself beforehand, and aim for 4mins30 speaking, if you're too fast the surprise question will need a longer answer which would be really difficult.

I hope the same rule applies for Spanish with French as it does with my German work! Best of luck
Petulia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by joe4234)
Hey, I have my Spanish speaking soon and I've only started Spanish at the start of this school year so I'm worried I won't understand the surprise question at the end. The task is a job I interview. I will be asked five questions. The points I need to make are; 1) self description 2) past work experience 3) jobs/chores 4) future plans 5) why I want to work abroad.

Do you have any ideas of a little paragraph I could learn for the surprise question because I doubt I'll understand it:/ thanks!
I study AS French but I've found that the best thing to do when you don't really understand a question or when you're scared the teacher is going to ask you another question is to just steer the conversation into the direction you want it to go by using little phrases and connectives at the end of a response.
E.g if you're asked: What career do you want to pursue in the future?
Listen out for keywords that you should be able to recognise in Spanish ("career" and question openers such as "who" "what" when" etc). Respond as best as you can, then use a connective to steer the conversation so that you can say something you've rehearsed. E.g "I would like to be a hairdresser, however *insert something you've rehearsed* I think that some jobs are more important than others etc.."
Even at AS I do this a lot, I answer the teacher's question only briefly, and then use a connective so that you can start discussing whatever it is that you rehearsed at home, so it doesn't feel like your rehearsal / revision went to waste if the question you revised for doesn't get directly asked.
joe4234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Petulia)
I study AS French but I've found that the best thing to do when you don't really understand a question or when you're scared the teacher is going to ask you another question is to just steer the conversation into the direction you want it to go by using little phrases and connectives at the end of a response.
E.g if you're asked: What career do you want to pursue in the future?
Listen out for keywords that you should be able to recognise in Spanish ("career" and question openers such as "who" "what" when" etc). Respond as best as you can, then use a connective to steer the conversation so that you can say something you've rehearsed. E.g "I would like to be a hairdresser, however *insert something you've rehearsed* I think that some jobs are more important than others etc.."
Even at AS I do this a lot, I answer the teacher's question only briefly, and then use a connective so that you can start discussing whatever it is that you rehearsed at home, so it doesn't feel like your rehearsal / revision went to waste if the question you revised for doesn't get directly asked.
Thanks this really helped!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (190)
12.77%
Excited (122)
8.2%
Worried (279)
18.75%
Terrified (343)
23.05%
Meh (123)
8.27%
Confused (34)
2.28%