Is there something wrong with me? Watch

po10tial
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

This is a serious question. Is there something wrong with me?

The question hit me hard today, after I was compared against a lad who was the same age as me. My former boss told me that a lad he has employed was able to control and shut down a business 3 times a week. Thing is, I saw myself today how the lad (same age as me) was able to cope alone. To make me upset and annoyed more, the lad came from Europe whereas I was born here.

Look, I am not jealous. If anything I think there is something wrong with me.

But then at the same time, the lad has bad attitude and my former boss admitted it.

However, it still hit me hard today. Maybe I should give up. Maybe I am not normal.

I don't drink, don't smoke, have a clean UK license, no criminal record, well educated, and yet in the past 6 months, I have been assaulted, lost a few friends, and worst of all, not secured a placement for university.

Look I tried counseling but I gave up. I dont get it! My parents keep comparing me to other lads or youth, but deep down the majority of them are bad. Like for example, one lad I caught smoking and making out with a girl. And yeah, apparently I should be like that too.

When will there be a point, when people will accept me for who I am and for a change tell others to be like me
Valyrian
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes
SolidSnake1510
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Dont take life so seriously. Just do what makes you happy and things will eventually work out. You'll look back at this in a couple of months and see how you blew it out of proportion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
yo who really gives a **** what other people think just cause people be comparin you to others don't mean anythin

you wack though for implying that you more superior cus you were born in the uk and not 'europe'
justanotherposter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You sound like me about 5 years ago, what exactly is wrong with kissing a girl or smoking? Hazardous to your health yeah but it doesn't make you 'bad'. Its a life choice, if you think it is bad then you need to reevaluate your morals because they are wrong. That doesn't mean you have to do it, it's your choice but judging others as being bad is not healthy, especially when you are judging them for things that don't make them bad in any way. People are all different, expecting them to be like you is unrealistic, there's nothing wrong with being you but others can still be good people even if they make different lifestyle choices.
pzoDe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by po10tial)
Hi,

This is a serious question. Is there something wrong with me?

The question hit me hard today, after I was compared against a lad who was the same age as me. My former boss told me that a lad he has employed was able to control and shut down a business 3 times a week. Thing is, I saw myself today how the lad (same age as me) was able to cope alone. To make me upset and annoyed more, the lad came from Europe whereas I was born here.

Look, I am not jealous. If anything I think there is something wrong with me.

But then at the same time, the lad has bad attitude and my former boss admitted it.

However, it still hit me hard today. Maybe I should give up. Maybe I am not normal.

I don't drink, don't smoke, have a clean UK license, no criminal record, well educated, and yet in the past 6 months, I have been assaulted, lost a few friends, and worst of all, not secured a placement for university.

Look I tried counseling but I gave up. I dont get it! My parents keep comparing me to other lads or youth, but deep down the majority of them are bad. Like for example, one lad I caught smoking and making out with a girl. And yeah, apparently I should be like that too.

When will there be a point, when people will accept me for who I am and for a change tell others to be like
First bolded bit: These are all perfectly normal mate... Plenty of people are all of those. Including the University bit.

Second bolded bit: What on Earth is wrong with making out with a girl? Smoking isn't a great habit to have in terms of your health but it's certainly normal in society.

Got some questions for you:
  • May I ask how were you assaulted?
  • What sort of education did you get? Did you go to a public school?
  • What university did you apply to and for what? How did you do at school?
  • When you say lost a few friends do you mean by death or otherwise?
  • Are you religious? If so, strongly?
  • Who on Earth told you kissing girls was bad??
GenialGermanGent
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by po10tial)
...was able to control and shut down a business 3 times a week.
What the heck is that supposed to mean? Run and liquidate a company? Three per week?!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.82%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.13%
It might lead to more bullying (128)
37.98%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.27%

Watched Threads