why do people hate private schools? Watch

arrow900
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You private school students never fail to surprise me, when time and time again you display shock when you realize that people feel contempt towards you.
You simply have to understand that it isn't personal, and that you are, in essence, one of the first and most concrete forms of injustice that the average 17 year old experiences in the Western world.
You represent the imbalance of society, and the harsh truth that where we begin in life is simply a genetic lottery.
We take our anger out on you because you exist , and not because we wish that you didn't.
The sooner you understand that, the sooner you will accept our contempt towards you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SerLorasTyrell
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I hate them because it gives people an education I can only dream of

Posted from TSR Mobile
isaaccharles
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by arrow900)
You private school students never fail to surprise me, when time and time again you display shock when you realize that people feel contempt towards you.
You simply have to understand that it isn't personal, and that you are, in essence, one of the first and most concrete forms of injustice that the average 17 year old experiences in the Western world.
You represent the imbalance of society, and the harsh truth that where we begin in life is simply a genetic lottery.
We take our anger out on you because you exist , and not because we wish that you didn't.
The sooner you understand that, the sooner you will accept our contempt towards you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:confused::confused:
isaaccharles
Rep:
?
(Original post by SerLorasTyrell)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interesting..
Geeky_Reader
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think it's jealousy but then again some people who go to private schools think that they have some kind of authority of others to go to state schools. I'm not saying all, because I have a lot of friends who went to private school, home schooled and go to state schools as well. But some people do take advantage of this new status and seem to flaunt it about.
arrow900
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by isaaccharles)
:confused::confused:
Well you did want to know why people hate private schools did you not?
I simply provided you with an answer...
albeit an aggressive one :fuhrer:.

But I think I got the point across.

Posted from TSR Mobile
emy-n
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was in State school until Year 9 and then I went to a private school to do my GCSE's (& now my A-levels)

I think the reason most people hate those who go to private school is because they think we're "priveleged" and "stuck-up" which is not the case at all.
Some people will actually spend good money for their childs education :/ Not for the label that comes with it.
I have plenty of state school friends and we all have the same interests and ideas of fun.
There's no "divide" between us.
The people who have posted here saying private students are "stuck-up" are just stupid.
isaaccharles
Rep:
?
Well you did want to know why people hate private schools did you not?
I simply provided you with an answer...
albeit an aggressive one :fuhrer:.

But I think I got the point across.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very aggressive more like
lou_100
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BratMonster)
Unfortunately I agree with this big ol turd. It's the posh preppy twots that go there.
When I came to university, nobody believed I went to private school in my later school years and I had to find my name on my 6th Form's online website to prove it.

I'm nicknamed the chav of the group, over everyone who went state. They joke about how scary I am when someone angers me when I'm drunk. They say I have a funny "chav" accent, whatever that means.

I hated a lot of the people at my school because they thought they were above other people, and I only had a couple friends. I spent most of my out-of-hours time with the local college girls or 6th form state goers because they were more me and I fitted in much better with them.

So tell me again how I'm a "posh preppy twot"?
username638250
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BratMonster)
Unfortunately I agree with this big ol turd. It's the posh preppy twots that go there.
Posh maybe but 'twots' is really unnecessary. Just because you've had a bad experience doesn't mean that they're all bad.
(Original post by isaaccharles)
You are very rude because you can't refer all privately educated people as "posh preppy twots" although you didn't have much of a good experience at a private school yourself. Privately educated people aren't different to those at comprehensive schools.
This, however, I'd disagree with.
username638250
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SerLorasTyrell)

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol...
isaaccharles
Rep:
?
(Original post by yl95)
Posh maybe but 'twots' is really unnecessary. Just because you've had a bad experience doesn't mean that they're all bad.

This, however, I'd disagree with.
Yes but what I meant was that they are still human
MidnightDream
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've noticed it to it's probably just jealousy to be honest
arrow900
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
BTW it was never intended as a personal attack, its just that it confuses me why such a question would need to be asked. With a bit of empathy you could quite easily have answered your own question without the need to find the answer from an anonymous source on the internet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
notevensoph
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maybe because kids in state school have to work harder to achieve the same grades as private schools as they get much more support.
Overall its stupid.
DiddyDec
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
But once you go to uni none of that matter because you all got to the same place no matter what education you had.
SatanicGecko
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think the minority of loud-mouthed, upper middle class brats who go there and act snobbishly and assume they will get all top grades anyway sets a stereotype. Unfortunately, since they are louder and more obnoxious, they are more memorable
Mattp9850
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't hate public schools, nor the people that attend them. But, I have met many pupils who assume they're superior and more intelligent simply because they pay for education. That snobbery amongst a select few drives me insane.

People say money can buy you love, it rarely buys you intelligence either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carpe Diem Jay
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was unaware of this contempt towards those that attend private schools. Pretty shocked tbh
RoughWritings
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't hate private schools. All people work extremely hard to get their success, but - My cousins pay £12,000 a year for school, and they argue to me saying that 'private school is actually worse than public, public school teachers and facilities are much much better. Private and public are exactly the same!' I guess it is that argument I hate. I mean, come on. You are paying more money for nothing more. There is no logic in that. It is bull****.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (137)
17.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9.57%
No I am happy with my course choice (455)
58.86%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (107)
13.84%

Watched Threads