Sena5
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I don't know how to rep more than 1. How do you do that?
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kers123)
I don't know how to rep more than 1. How do you do that?
You can only rep each post once. As for rep power, there's a pretty good explanation here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=rep
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have also a question in terms of reputation: what about members who I have given a reputation? can I give a reputation these members again after a certain time? some hours ago I wanted to give someone a reputation who got a reputation by me a month ago. But it was not accepted - why?
Gax
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
I have also a question in terms of reputation: what about members who I have given a reputation? can I give a reputation these members again after a certain time? some hours ago I wanted to give someone a reputation who got a reputation by me a month ago. But it was not accepted - why?
There is a limit to the amount of reps you can give in a day: if you're not a subscriber you get five, if you are you get ten. If you meant personal reps that you give on their profile then everyone only gets to give one of those in a day.
syrettd
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think you have to have repped a certain number of other people before you can finally rep a certain user again, so that you're not just repping the same few people again and again.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by syrettd)
I think you have to have repped a certain number of other people before you can finally rep a certain user again, so that you're not just repping the same few people again and again.
After gave a reputation this member, I have repped another ones after that. How much members I have to give a reputation until it is possible to give a reputation the same member again? Is there a limit too?
syrettd
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
After gave a reputation this member, I have repped another ones after that. How much members I have to give a reputation until it is possible to give a reputation the same member again? Is there a limit too?
I think it's quite a few members, not just one or two! I tried repping someone the other day, I couldn't even remember the last time I'd repped them but I hadn't 'spread the love' enough since then apparently.
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You have to rep 40 others to rep the same poster again. Non- subs can rep 5 posters per day.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
You have to rep 40 others to rep the same poster again. Non- subs can rep 5 posters per day.
I see. Thanks for a clear answer. So no matter if it lasted a day, a week, a month or even a year: as long as I don't have repped 40 other members, I am not able to give the same member a reputation again?
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I see. Thanks for a clear answer. So no matter if it lasted a day, a week, a month or even a year: as long as I don't have repped 40 other members, I am not able to give the same member a reputation again?
That's right.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
That's right.
Let me guess! the reason why I have to give 40 other members a reputation before is to prevent an 'artificial' upgrating of reputation by a member group.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (74)
15.13%
1 (67)
13.7%
2 (64)
13.09%
3 (99)
20.25%
20.45%
5 (85)
17.38%

Watched Threads