Report Thread starter 5 years ago
What happens at this ?
deviant182
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey!

An occupational health check is nothing to worry about. Its mainly to see if you need extra help with anything and you're healthy to look after others. They may need a blood sample to test your immunity and they may look at your hands etc for skin conditions such as dermatitis or eczema. Its just to see if you have any back problems or such likes or anything is needed to make working easier for you if you have any extra needs.
I wouldn't worry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
kelly-lou91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

I've applied to do Child Nursing at University of Manchester and had an occupational health check/meeting the other day. I'm really worried that I will have my offer taken off me because of issues surrounding food and eating (undiagnosed eating disorder that I started getting help for, but moved and didn't pursue further help, but the issues have since settled down and do not affect any work or profession in any way).

Does anyone know if my offer will be taken off me because of this??? Really worried and panicking and getting upset about it. The Occupational Health Nurse I saw said she couldn't say that it would affect my offer or that it wouldn't affect my offer until the University's Doctor has looked at my notes
deviant182
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This shouldnt be a problem, especially if you have sought help for it. An occupational health check is just to see if you need any support or if the course would be too demanding for you and cause your health to deteriorate any further. This is when it could affect your offer. But i have not heard of anyone being refused entry to the course based on occupational health. If you have been open and honest and declared everything then it shouldnt be a problem. the nurse however cannot give any answer on this until the doctor and the uni occupational health department look at it.
If you look from their point of view it wouldnt be very ethical or fair admitting someone on to the course who is going to struggle due to health issues that are ongoing. It wouldnt be fair on yourself or the patients you will be working with.
No one can give you a definitive answer on this apart from the doctor etc. I know its worrying, but all they're doing is looking to see if you need any support etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (16)
6.93%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.82%
I don't think they'd understand (39)
16.88%
It might lead to more bullying (80)
34.63%
There's nothing they could do (71)
30.74%

Watched Threads