mcbb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi everyone,
I have an exam on the Odyssey next Friday for my AS and I am STUCK on how to revise for it!!

PLEASE HELP
Thanks!!! xx
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mcbb)
Hi everyone,
I have an exam on the Odyssey next Friday for my AS and I am STUCK on how to revise for it!!

PLEASE HELP
Thanks!!! xx
Heya, I'm just going to pop this in Classics for you as you should get more replies there. Good luck with your exam.
BluWacky
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mcbb)
Hi everyone,

PLEASE HELP
Thanks!!! xx
Re-read the set books. Make notes on characters and key themes from the syllabus if you for some reason have not already done so. Learn them.

(quotations are always a bonus)

Each book of the Odyssey is a short read - if you concentrate, just reading one of the books through again shouldn't take you more than half an hour by any stretch of the imagination. I don't know whether you're on timetable or whether you have any other examinations still to go, but you have plenty of time to re-read ALL this material and make sure you have notes on the key characters, societies and themes.

How did you revise for English Literature at GCSE? It's much the same here, but with some awareness of Greek cultural values thrown in.
mcbb
Rep:
?
(Original post by BluWacky)
Re-read the set books. Make notes on characters and key themes from the syllabus if you for some reason have not already done so. Learn them.

(quotations are always a bonus)

Each book of the Odyssey is a short read - if you concentrate, just reading one of the books through again shouldn't take you more than half an hour by any stretch of the imagination. I don't know whether you're on timetable or whether you have any other examinations still to go, but you have plenty of time to re-read ALL this material and make sure you have notes on the key characters, societies and themes.

How did you revise for English Literature at GCSE? It's much the same here, but with some awareness of Greek cultural values thrown in.

Thanks so much, I'm getting there! 2 more days to go!
mcbb
Rep:
?
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
Heya, I'm just going to pop this in Classics for you as you should get more replies there. Good luck with your exam.
I have only just seen this, silly me! thanks so much for that, I appreciate your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.49%
England (143)
34.79%
Belgium (31)
7.54%
Germany (41)
9.98%
Spain (10)
2.43%