The Student Room Group

Worried I'll be an outcast in halls since i'm black..

A lot of what I read on tsr scares me. Do black students get left out in halls...Guess I'm scared of racism..?

Scroll to see replies

In the same boat here sister or brother! But don't become a victim and isolate yourself this isn't the 1960's you won't be ostracised unless you want to be. Colour shouldn't be an issue that's what I plan to do anyway!:smile:
Course not! As long as your a friendly guy, who cares

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Wow what a complete joke
Original post by Anonymous
A lot of what I read on tsr scares me. Do black students get left out in halls...Guess I'm scared of racism..?

What's "halls"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't worry, just be wary of people who try to treat you like a token.

I know what you mean, I'm short so I'm afraid people will say stuff to me. don't think it helps that I'm asian and have a beard as well
maybe its because your socially akward, and not because your black

Infact its 99.99% likely that your socially akward and thats whats causing your issues

stop using your race as an excuse, your not studying in KKK univeristy are you now?
TSR doesn't represent the majority of students, don't worry. You should be fine as long as you are friendly although you might experience a few racist people but that should be a small minority
Original post by rickfloss
maybe its because your socially akward, and not because your black

Infact its 99.99% likely that your socially akward and thats whats causing your issues

stop using your race as an excuse, your not studying in KKK univeristy are you now?

he is going to start university this year.
Reply 10
Original post by violetvictorious
What's "halls"?

Posted from TSR Mobile

halls of residence at Uni
Ok.

This isn't the 1950's.

There is nothing to be scared of.
OP you have nothing to worry about it just be yourself make an effort with people and be friendly also get involved during freshers with your flatmates don't hide away in your room.

This is coming from a black guy who was one of the only two black people living in the entire accommodation.
Reply 13

Pretty ridiculous statement although it depends where you're going. If you're at an inner city uni like me then at least half the people are black or asian.
Original post by Lakesx
halls of residence at Uni

Oh...

Posted from TSR Mobile
You'll only be an outcast if you're a weirdo sweetie. Even then you may be popular amongst other weirdos :smile:
Reply 16
You actually have nothing to worry about, at all.
Reply 17
No, there's an apartheid in halls like in the 60's. You're all segregated to different floors and not allowed any access to any of theirs because of your race and ethnic background.

Of course not, everyone's equal when you start everyone doesn't know anyone. Stop worrying about racism so much and enjoy your life and uni.
(edited 9 years ago)
As long as you drink you are good to go.
I'm slyly worried about this as well when I go next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending