The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Got my resit for AS Music Technology module (self-taught, year 11)...
120/120 :biggrin:
My other modules from last year were 90/90 and 85/90 which gives me a grand total of...
295/300
Can't complain :p: The head of music text my dad which was a bit weird, because I'm abroad right now, it's not the most fun way to find out a result!
Reply 101
What grades did you get?

Geography -A
Geology - A
Biology - A
Chemistry - C
(AS ICT - A)

Did you meet your predictions?
Yes, exactly.

If not, are you going to appeal?
nope

If you applied to uni, have you met the offer?
Yes, Bristol asked for BBB

What decisions have you made about any further study?
MSci Earth Sciences w/ a year in N America :biggrin:

What made you pleased/disappointed by your results?
I really thought i'd get a D in chemistry, and Bs in geography and biology, so meeting my predicted grades was awesome

Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again?
No.

Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to?
Me

What time did you find out your results?
11 am

Did you feel nervous?
very

How do you feel now after knowing?
WOOHOO!
What grades did you get? Maths - A Physics - B Further Maths - C (coz of stats >.<) Chemistry - D
Did you meet your predictions? 1 met, 2 missed, 1 beat :biggrin:
If not, are you going to appeal? no, Ill retake the modules I failed in
If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? AS
What decisions have you made about any further study? Im dropping chem :p:
What made you pleased/disappointed by your results? I passed chem and I got an A in Deicison and Mechanics :biggrin:
Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? not taken chem?
Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? I tore the envelope open as soon as I got it
What time did you find out your results? Just after 11
Did you feel nervous? very!
How do you feel now after knowing? Amazing :biggrin:
What grades did you get? AABC (As in French and sociology, B in English lit and C in history) plus Merit in AEA French
Did you meet your predictions? No, I was predicted AAAA
If not, are you going to appeal? I got Us in 2 history exams, so they're going to be checked or remarked or something, but I had a D in a history exam remarked last year and it stayed the same, so I'm not holding out much hope
If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? I didn't meet my Cambridge offer, which was AAA including French and English, but I did meet my Exeter offer, which was ABB including A in French
What decisions have you made about any further study? I'm going to Exeter
What made you pleased/disappointed by your results? I was pleased with my merit in French AEA because I thought I'd failed and an A in an English exam I thought had gone really badly, but I was disappointed with 1 of my English modules, 2 of my French, 2 of my sociology and 2 of my history :bawling:
Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again?
Resat at least one English module from AS (I was 4 marks off an A!!!! :mad: ) dropped history after AS and probably done a bit more revision
Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? I went in to school on my own, so I looked at them
What time did you find out your results? 10
Did you feel nervous? No, I just felt crap because I'd already known from UCAS Track and a letter from Cambridge that I hadn't got in
How do you feel now after knowing? Very disappointed and upset, but trying to put things in perspective; they're still a good set of results and I'm sure I'll have a great time at Exeter
Jumping into the bandwagon here :p:

What grades did you get? Use of Maths AS - A
Did you meet your predictions? No prediction made.
What made you pleased/disappointed by your results? For my modules, I got 90, 92 and 99 out of 100, which makes my UMS 281.
Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? Not stressed so much about the coursework, as people who did far less work than me got an A anyway :p:
Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? I did
What time did you find out your results? About 11:05
Did you feel nervous? A bit, but not too much.
How do you feel now after knowing? Pleased, as I thought the best I could get was a B. It's not a 'traditional' AS level, but it's still an AS level nonetheless and it's a confidence booster for next year (and next week....).
Reply 105
What grades did you get? BBB

Did you meet your predictions? No sadly, not in any of them :frown: Was predicted AAA!

If not, are you going to appeal? Maybe

If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? Yep :smile:

What decisions have you made about any further study? York for Sociology!

What made you pleased/disappointed by your results? Bit disappointed, although I got into my firm, I was kind of expecting to get a bit higher.

Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? Well I revised alot, I think I just messed up the exams a bit, so probably not.

Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? I'm at work, so my mum phoned me with them!

What time did you find out your results? about 10.30

Did you feel nervous? Ohh yes!

How do you feel now after knowing? A bit deflated, slightly disappointed, but also happy I got in!
Reply 106
AS for me:
What grades did you get? English lang : a (269) Politics: a (266) Maths: a (262) Economics: a (240)
Did you meet your predictions? Exceeded them, both my own and the ones that school set.
If not, are you going to appeal? N/A
If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? N/A
What decisions have you made about any further study? Certainly applying to uni in the Autumn.
What made you pleased/disappointed by your results? Pleased - achieving 4 a's. Dissapointed - A couple of modules were poor (C2 and the Natl economy)
Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? - Not make stupid errors!
Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? - I did
What time did you find out your results? - 11.30
Did you feel nervous? Yes, and I had a two hour journey from Coventry (where we had seen friends) to get even more nervous.
How do you feel now after knowing? - Very pleased with my performance but also deeply saddened as one of the people in my year has died while on holiday (Only found out when I got back from colecting results)
Reply 107
What grades did you get? A2 - BDcee
Did you meet your predictions? No
If not, are you going to appeal? No
If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? Yes, needed 280 points, and somehow got in...
What decisions have you made about any further study? No
What made you pleased/disappointed by your results? Good English grade, failed Physics
Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? Not taken Physics. :rolleyes:
Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? Yes I could
What time did you find out your results? 10:30...
Did you feel nervous? Only when I got there
How do you feel now after knowing? ABSOLUTELY GREAT!!! :biggrin:
What grades did you get?

ABCD

Don't remember what I was predicted, but i don't think i quite met them all.

Yep!

Uni 2007.

Carry on studying A2 and apply for pharmacy.

A little disappointed but it's my own fault I didn't do as well as I wanted so can't really complain too much. Not too depressed about it though because it could've been worse considering the amount of effort I put in.

Have more than 75% attedance and actually revise for the exams properly... none of the night before stuff I did.

I opened then by myself in a toilet cubicle lol

10:30ish

Did you feel nervous?

Felt extremely nervous since about 8am.

Relieved that it's all done and that I didn't completely flunk.
Reply 109
What grades did you get? All AS- AAAAB
Sociology A (300/300)
Law A (268/300)
History A (250/300)
General Studies A (276/300)
German B (216/300)
Did you meet your predictions? Yes- I was predicted A/B for all (my college as a weird system)
If not, are you going to appeal? n/a
If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? n/a
What decisions have you made about any further study? Probably applying to Law at Oxford, plus some London unis, etc.
What made you pleased/disappointed by your results? Pleased with full marks in Sociology, bit disappointed by my low B in German
Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? Learnt my German vocab better! And practised speaking German more, as my oral let me down a bit.
Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? I did.
What time did you find out your results? 11.20am
Did you feel nervous? Terrified- I was shaking so much.
How do you feel now after knowing? Happy!
ALevels: Biology, English Lit and Sociology
What grades did you get? AAA
Did you meet your predictions? YES!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:
If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? YES!!!! :smile:
What decisions have you made about any further study? I'm having a gap year and then i'm going to Cardiff in 2007 to do law!
What made you pleased/disappointed by your results? I just cant believe i got an A in biology after all the stress and resits and tears!!! And my parents are really proud of me!!
Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? I looked at them
What time did you find out your results? just after 11am
Did you feel nervous? Not so much because I looked on UCAS track before getting my results and it told me I'd got a place at cardiff!
How do you feel now after knowing? Amazing. Im going out 2night, getting very drunk and then im off to Newquay with my friends tomorrow for 5 solid days of pure partying!!!!!!!! OMGGGGGG!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I am so happy
Reply 111
Maths - A - 294/300 (C1: 99/100, C2: 100/100, M1: 95/100)
Biology - A - 295/300 (Found: 85/90, HHD: 90/90, Trans: 120/120)
Chemistry - A - 287/300 (Found. 77/90, C&R: 90/90, HFHF: 120/120)
Physics - A - 292/300 (F&M: 83/90, E&P: 90/90, WP: 119/120)
General Studies - A - 284/300 (GSA1: 87/100, GSA2: 100/100, GSA3: 97/100)
Further Maths - (A) - 180/200 (FP1: 100/100, S1: 80/100)

6As. Very pleased.
Reply 112
Maths: A (593/600)
Biology: A (273/300)
Chemistry: A (275/300)
Physics: A (277/300)
What grades did you get?
A2 psychology: 479/600- B
A2 sociology: 524/600 -A
A2 drama and theatre studies: 475/600- B
AS english lit: B
AS biology: C

Yes and no, i expected more from myself, i wanted 3 A's, and as u can see i was very close

If not, are you going to appeal? im going to ask to remark psychology and drama to see if my grade can be bumped up, if not i will retake a module
If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? no, im taking a gap year
i want to apply for to study a social sciences degree

i was a bit disappointed, i wanted 3 A's so that i could apply to cambridge in my gap year

Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? worked harder in A2, i slacked too much and barely revised, i definetly regret it

Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? i looked 1st

9am

Did you feel nervous?
very queasy

How do you feel now after knowing
in a trance like, state of shock lol!
Reply 114
What grades did you get?

AAAB

I ws predicted AAA so yeah but I missed getting an A in bio by one ums!

yeah going to leeeeds

going to leeds as its my firm for law

I was pleased I got my firm choice and didnt have to go through clearing! I was 1 off an A in one of my subjects and I dont dare to get it remarked in case it goes down!

Not really I think I did as much revision as I could cope with!

I opened them in the car with my rents but I already knew I had got my firm chocie coz of the ucas letter.

10:00

Did you feel nervous?

I felt nervous when I was checking ucas track to see if I had got in to uni at all!

Glad that all the work was worth it and I can shop for uni stuff knowing I am defnitely going!
Reply 115
What grades did you get? BCDbb
Did you meet your predictions? Yes.
If not, are you going to appeal? I may appeal Law, as I got A's for 5/6 of the papers, a C on the 6th paper, which brought it down to a B.
If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? Yes!! :biggrin:
What decisions have you made about any further study? OT at UEA.
What made you pleased/disappointed by your results? Happy. Slightly disappointed with Law, would like an A.
Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? Nope, I know I didn't work hard enough, but given a second chance I still wouldn't work hard enough! (I never learn!! :P)
Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? I did, at college.
What time did you find out your results? 10.50am.
Did you feel nervous? Not at all... I already had two Unconditional offers, so I wasn't bothered!
How do you feel now after knowing? Nothing really, worried about moving 5 hours away to Uni!
Reply 116
What grades did you get?

Maths A
Biology A
History A
GS B

Yes the teachers ones and I exceeded my own!!

Declined all my offers but needed AAB to get into Manchester through clearing

I'm going to manchester!!!!!!!!!!!!! to do maths!

Pleased-I got 3 As! But didn't actually do all that well at A2 maths-BBC in A2 modules! oops! And An E and a D in GS A2!!!!!!:redface:

Work harder!

All by myself!

Did you feel nervous?

Not really-don't know why!!

Relieved-I'm going to manchester!!!!:eek:
Reply 117
I am just too happy to write a such a detailed statement, I got 4 A's in AS (math,bio,chem,eco) with 294 in Eco :biggrin:

http://www.bd-britishcouncilexams.org/index2.html - My candidate no. is 7761 and exam centre = Dhaka and sylhet

:biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 119
What grades did you get? AAAA
Did you meet your predictions? yep
If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? applied to bristol, got offer but declined offer due to personal problems. reapplying again
What decisions have you made about any further study? defo applyin to bristol again this year.
What made you pleased/disappointed by your results? the sight of AAAA!!!
Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? nothing
Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to?i could look at it first but i heard from some one that i was the top candiate.. so it kinda spoiled the surprise of opening the slip
Did you feel nervous? very.. sogh my tummy was churning badly as i walked to school
How do you feel now after knowing? relieved, content and at peace

Latest