Accommodation at Park Wood Watch

Anniechong
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone I'm coming over to Kent as an exchange student. I'm having trouble choosing the accommodation... Park Wood looks nice and seems quite suitable for me as I would like to live a little bit away from the campus. I am hoping to have an en-suite room but the cost is a little bit too high for me. So now I'm thinking about the 6-room ones but I am not sure if sharing bathrooms would be a problem. Can anyone living at Park Wood give me some advice?
University of Kent
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anniechong)
Hi everyone I'm coming over to Kent as an exchange student. I'm having trouble choosing the accommodation... Park Wood looks nice and seems quite suitable for me as I would like to live a little bit away from the campus. I am hoping to have an en-suite room but the cost is a little bit too high for me. So now I'm thinking about the 6-room ones but I am not sure if sharing bathrooms would be a problem. Can anyone living at Park Wood give me some advice?
Hi Anniechong

Parkwood flats are great, I lived there as a student myself back in 2008! However if you want something a little cheaper, the parkwood houses with 6 people sharing have two bathrooms in, so realistically you would have 3 people to each bathroom, and that would be £4,591.86 a year.

The other option could be the Turing college houses, they have just 2 people sharing a bathroom at £4,976.79 a year. These options would definitely decrease your chances of sharing with potentially messy people!

I hope this helps

Kayleigh
APersonCalledClara
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I lived in a 6 bedroom house in Parkwood and to be honest sharing a bathroom was never an issue! Sure, you may have to wait sometimes but I only had this problem a few times. Plus, the cleaner comes and cleans it once a week. (If you live ensuite they clean it once every two weeks) You could even consider a 5 bed house - quite a lot of them have been redecorated last summer so are now very nice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Postgraduate
    Tue, 5 Mar '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Jul '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (88)
14.52%
Yes - a food allergy (63)
10.4%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.48%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (16)
2.64%
No (424)
69.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed