Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Theres a few hotels for about £15 per night. The uni halls are much more than that. Does anyone know somewhere cheap to spend one night in York (in the next week or so)?

Thanks

--Joe

ReputationRep:
    Isn't £15 per night cheap? I don't really think you can expect to find a great deal for less than that?

ReputationRep:
    £15 a night is mega cheap, I couldn't find anything under £25 when I came. I ended up paying £40 though because I had a double room on my own in a nice B and B, after the hole I stayed in in Leeds I don't trust cheap independent places to stay.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose there is a caravan site nearby...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy Unicycling)
    I suppose there is a caravan site nearby...
    I'd have to buy a caravan though, = $$$
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by rock_eleven)
    I'd have to buy a caravan though, = $$$
    Maybe there is a campsite...do you have a tent?

(Must say, I don't know of any camp sites...but there must be at least one near by surely).

ReputationRep:
    Camping! There was a nice spot outside the city wall (near to the York something college building) on a piece of grass, but it might look dodgy with a tent.
    £15 sounds... expensive.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.yorkbackpackers.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    Last time I used it, Goodricke Open College was about £10/night.

ReputationRep:
    £15 a night is bloody cheap, but you can stay in goodricke for £8 a night, ring up the porters lodge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.narb.x)
    £15 a night is bloody cheap, but you can stay in goodricke for £8 a night, ring up the porters lodge.
    thanks dudes. That was 2 weeks ago I made the thread and I still havent been up to York... I should go asap or something

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.