Applications need projects??? Watch

frixis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
ok i was just wondering this friend of mine has gone pretty insane over oxford or cambridge.. and he's come up with the idea of doing a "project" no two "projects" and a research paper so that he's certain of getting into the uni... we're in our A2 now and we've just gotten on the university looking train..
do we really need to have done projects etc? cuz here we're not really high on coursework and things... its just the final exams. We're doing our exams from the cie thingi...
so the point is that here we dont focus on projects and extracurriculars so most of us dont have a lot or any of them!!! are projects pretty necessary?
cuz we dont get to do em for any elementary / secondary class!!!
and if they are (even if they arent need to soothe the frends head ) cud u guys reccoment any good ideas for projects?
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have never heard of anyone doing a project before!

If you haven't got any extra-curriculars, it's a good idea to start some. Like join a club, do a first aid course, or get some work experience.
frixis
Rep:
?
otherwise u dont need em rite?
Ronove
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
'Projects' sound stupid to me. If you want to boost your application to Oxbridge (and everywhere else really, though it's not that important for other places) do things related to the course you're applying for. Read around the subject for example, or if you're applying for history, start a 'history club' at your school (that sounds lame, but it's just an example).
For me it's pretty easy, I like reading foreign books, watching foreign films and tv etc. I'm going to travel quite a bit during my gap year as well. All this should help show my love for my subject. That's what they want - passion for the subject you what to study. And ability in it too, obviously.
frixis
Rep:
?
ok so do things related to my subject... we've got a few months ... do the projects have to be complete b4 my application or can i kinda just mention em in my application and complete em till the school year ends?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.6%
No (737)
72.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed