The Student Room Group

Things that your children will never experience

Scroll to see replies

that feeling of rage when you put your video into the player and you realise someones taped over your recorded TV programme
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
The scratchy fast-forwarding of a VHS tape with no scene selection or subtitles option.

I actually do believe that scene selection and subtitles are one of the most useful inventions of the 21th century :smile: For all the people feeling sorry for the next gen: not everything is better just because it's old fashioned, I would have had much more of my spare time if those options had been around then. Nothing to miss about waiting forever for VHS to rewind/fast-forward, not being able to efficiently pick up where one had left off, or not understanding foreign tapes.

Oh and also having to carry a bunch of CDs on vacation for your portable CD player and having to change the entire CD every time you wanted to hear your favourite songs from different CDs. I hated that so much. MP3 player was the best thing that ever happened to me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by GB1996
Foreigners in the UK

Hopefully, they won't miss ignorant people like you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 123
No tuition fees
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SMEGGGY
Rucksacks? are they still available? only seen Manbags
CD Player
DVD Player
Normal TV [without the SMART]

Of course rucksacks are still available; I saw a nice leather one at John Phillips of London the other day.
asl?

Spoiler

1) Getting into nightclubs aged 16 without getting Id'd. Those were the days. Just mutter "alright mate" to the bouncer and stroll up to the bar like you own the place. "a pineapple bacardi breezer please".

on a similar theme:

2) Getting a girls number in a nightclub... but of course, its her home phone number because these are the days before everyone had mobiles.

You ring it, and her dad answers... and you realise you can't remember her name. So you're like "do you have any daughters?"
Reply 128
Original post by FREYA2898
Hopefully, they won't miss ignorant people like you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol condescending smiley. klassik
Original post by GB1996
lol condescending smiley. klassik

I know, it adds to the overall effect :tongue:
Polio
Reply 131
Original post by FREYA2898
I know, it adds to the overall effect :tongue:

The tongue poke, you're going all out today!
Being able to have fun without a 'Health and Safety Officer' intervening in some way.
Does Tom and Jerry go on anymore?
Marriage inequality (in this country)

:biggrin:
Bad cooking from their father, I have been practicing!
Original post by Eternal*
asl?

Spoiler

Haha so true.

On MSN - :frown:
Original post by RK
The chance to celebrate a millennium. Possibly even the turn of a century as my first child is due any day now and would need to live to 86 to see the next century in. Far from impossible, but many people born this year won't see it.

A lot of people will live to 86 plus here; average life expectancy statistics etc can be misleading. It also depends on the area where you live etc for some statistics- there is a high chance your child will live past eighty six :smile:

Sorry if I'm misinterpreting what you're saying! Good luck with the new baby, how exciting :smile:
Reply 138
Bin Landen
they'll miss the feeling of only having a friend's home telephone, and so you ring and their dad picks up "hi, umm this is ...from school, can i speak to ... please?"

Quick Reply

Latest