Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a random thread but just wondering.

My dishwasher has started to leave some small grains of (no idea what, but they are orange) on some of the glasses. Is this the salt?

I know I will probably have to call someone to fix it but just want to know if anyone else has had this happen and what it is.

ReputationRep:
    Clean the filter. It will probably be filled with loads of rancid food matter. And yeah, check the salt too.

ReputationRep:
    Check the rinse aid. Also, what powder/tablet/liquid are you using?

ReputationRep:
    Finish. Recently changed the filter and refilled rince aid etc. The dishwasher alerts you when it needs replacing on these things.

Maybe it is the filter. (I didn't install it)

ReputationRep:
    You need a filter! Make sure you always scrape every last bit of food into the bin too. My flatmate just dumps half her meal in there and is surprised when the thing clogs :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I know, what I meant is we changed the filter for a new one. Looking at it now though, it has a lot of those little orange grainy dots in it. But that suggests something else is releasing them into the wash? The filter just takes some of it.

ReputationRep:
    Mabe your water pipe is rusty?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so. Was recently checked and came out okay.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Give it an empty rin through with a dollop of white vinegar in there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Give it an empty rin through with a dollop of white vinegar in there
    Okay thanks. Any idea what it is?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, vinegar is stuff you put on chips.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Sithius)
    Okay thanks. Any idea what it is?
    White vinegar is sold in bottles that say "white vinegar" on the front. It is not clear uncoloured vinegar that says anything else.

If you haven't got any/can't be bothered to get some, then normal brown vinegar will do

ReputationRep:
    Oh no lol I wasn't asking how to get some. I mean't, any idea what is causing the brown specs? If the filter wasn't working, surely lots of food would stay in the dishwasher, not just brown grains.

ReputationRep:
    The big industrial dishwasher at work (300 seater restaurant) broke this morning and we had to wash up by hand. THAT was great fun; apparently, a friend of mine finished work at 10:30 along with 5 other people, when normally everyone's done by 8 or so.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.