Accom? Watch

Multiplexed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Everyone on here is talking about accomodation & getting rooms. I don't have anything yet!
alex-hs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Multiplexed)
Everyone on here is talking about accomodation & getting rooms. I don't have anything yet!
email and/or phone the accommodation office
Lewisy-boy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I suggest phoning, preferably before results day cos they will have an influx then!
khil
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I keep thinking your username reminds me of another user aaaaaages ago from the Cambridge forum...

Don't worry about accoms hun :hugs: They'll sort it out! Last year everyone only got their accoms info on results day, so you could get it then. And if you still don't hear anything from them after that, give them an email or a ring.
superrgirl
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Can anyone tell me if internet is standard in all rooms? Nottingham was my insurance, but at Leeds where I wanted to go, internet didn't come in all the rooms...some you had to pay extra, others didn't have it at all, but others did have it for no extra charge. God forbid if I'm forced to go a couple of hours looking at Myspace :P so I'd really like it, but I can't find where it says on the accomodation site.
Lewisy-boy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Its included in hall fees but if you dont want it you can opt out and get the cash back now.
superrgirl
Report 12 years ago
I'm still deciding where to apply...I can't go visit any of the accomodation so I don't know what anywhere is like, and when I went to the open day a few months ago I only saw one hall, I don't know what it is, but it was catered so I wouldn't apply there anyway. I want self-catered ensuite. Like I'll get that seeing as it was my insurance though :-/
mousey
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You'll almost definitely get self catered though. xx
superrgirl
Report 12 years ago
I just applied a couple of hours ago. Broadgate Park ensuite first, then St. Peter's Court ensuite, then Broadgate Park standard plus (standard has all gone now), then Raleigh Park flat. But self-catering is probably the most important thing now...I ate in a hall of residence on the open day and as a vegetarian I was not impressed (I'm such a fussy and weird eater anyway though). And I don't like the idea of meal times, the students I spoke to there completely put me off catered.
jamielein
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by superrgirl)
I just applied a couple of hours ago. Broadgate Park ensuite first, then St. Peter's Court ensuite, then Broadgate Park standard plus (standard has all gone now), then Raleigh Park flat. But self-catering is probably the most important thing now...I ate in a hall of residence on the open day and as a vegetarian I was not impressed (I'm such a fussy and weird eater anyway though). And I don't like the idea of meal times, the students I spoke to there completely put me off catered.
Hey, it sounds like you're describing me! I'm also vegetarian, and i'm a really fussy eater, so the most important thing for me is self-catered. I've applied for Broadgate Park as my first, second and third choices. My first choice was a studio room, because then I'll be able to have my own cooking stuff which won't mix with any meat or anything. Not that I can actually cook anyway...I think someone's going to have to teach me when I get there! If you can cook then you're officially invited over for dinner lol

Jamie.
fatboy06
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Still nada for me...the accomodation website won't let me on. Yep, I know. Ring em first thing Monday.
Multiplexed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by fatboy06)
Still nada for me...the accomodation website won't let me on. Yep, I know. Ring em first thing Monday.
When did they receive your application?
fatboy06
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
When did they receive your application?
Accomodation? Not at all yet - Notts was my reserve. UCAS - October!
superrgirl
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by jamielein)
Hey, it sounds like you're describing me! I'm also vegetarian, and i'm a really fussy eater, so the most important thing for me is self-catered. I've applied for Broadgate Park as my first, second and third choices. My first choice was a studio room, because then I'll be able to have my own cooking stuff which won't mix with any meat or anything. Not that I can actually cook anyway...I think someone's going to have to teach me when I get there! If you can cook then you're officially invited over for dinner lol

Jamie.
I thought I'd get lonely in a studio lol. I want to share a kitchen with people so I don't live completely by myself! I make AMAZING cereal. Hahaha. Um. And pasta. Yeah. I'm gonna either starve or get really fat from eating too much pasta, hehe.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (181)
27.47%
No (478)
72.53%

Watched Threads