Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    P2s, X box, Nintendo, Mega drive [old school]
    Do people take them to uni or is it a waste of time?

ReputationRep:
    my bf bought me an xbox half way thru my 1st year. i dont use it loads but sometimes its a good laugh when theres nothing else going on or if u wanna forget about an essay

ReputationRep:
    I have a p2s but not sure if its worth taking, you dont see alot of people talking about taking them/having them.
    Also are they likely to get stolen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonjoe)
    P2s, X box, Nintendo, Mega drive [old school]
    Do people take them to uni or is it a waste of time?
    I took my Gamecube, Xbox and later my PS2, didn't play on them that much but it's nice for evenings when there's not much going on. And it's quite a nice social thing, sometimes.

And none of them got stolen, I don't see why they'd be any more likely to steal a console than your laptop, TV, etc.

ReputationRep:
    As long as someone has either a PS2 or an x-box for pro-evo, that's all you're gonna need!

ReputationRep:
    They work well as DVD/CD players if you don't want to watch/listen on your PC/laptop.

ReputationRep:
    I took my ps2 with me to use it as a dvd player as well as a console.
    I'm thinking of taking my master system 2 with me next year as well because it just has those retro games I love.
    I expect the ps2 will be in the front room with a possible xbox360 and master system in my room. Though there are 3 of us in my house that like computer games. And other friends as well.

ReputationRep:
    three people in my flat (of 6) each brought a console up last year. they kept them in their rooms for the first month or so, but soon enough all the consoles were in the kitchen/lounge and multiplayer gaming took over our lives. fifa mostly.

ReputationRep:
    If you have Pro Evo on any platform then you're well set.

ReputationRep:
    don't take a gamestation to uni!
    no-one ever plays them and it makes everyone think you're a geek!!! and if they think you're a geek they won't be friends with you ever!! and they might think you don't drink!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mermania)
    no-one ever plays them and it makes everyone think you're a geek!!! and if they think you're a geek they won't be friends with you ever!! and they might think you don't drink!
    That's rather extreme.

I won't be taking my Xbox with me as it's an extra thing to carry. So I'm lending it to my friend while I'm away.

ReputationRep:
    That's a bit unfair. If someone isn't going to befriend you because you're a geek, then are they really worth knowing?

I'm quite geeky, I don't drink, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

ReputationRep:
    the whole point is that you play games and drink at the same time in groups - far from being a sober loner who plays halo 2 by himself all day and night.

there are obviously hardcore multiplayer games like pro evo and fifa, but we have some fun ones like mario kart - girls love it.

ReputationRep:
    Thats strange I made friends with people because they would come around to play games or I would go to theirs. I got with my boyfriend that way.
    I must just have a group or friends that everyone thinks are geeks and think that we don't drink...yeah sure.

ReputationRep:
    I thought about taking my x box with me but I havent played it in ages so meh I dunno now :p:

ReputationRep:
    One lad after christmas brought up his xbox (i think) with pro evo, i don't think i saw them out at night for about a week!! Lol

-x-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_hamster)
    That's rather extreme.

I won't be taking my Xbox with me as it's an extra thing to carry. So I'm lending it to my friend while I'm away.
    (Original post by lewyh)
    That's a bit unfair. If someone isn't going to befriend you because you're a geek, then are they really worth knowing?

I'm quite geeky, I don't drink, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
    (Original post by Luize)
    Thats strange I made friends with people because they would come around to play games or I would go to theirs. I got with my boyfriend that way.
    I must just have a group or friends that everyone thinks are geeks and think that we don't drink...yeah sure.

hahahaha, I was joking. Maybe the obscene number of exclamation marks didn't give it away enough!!!!
    it was a parody of all the constant threads "oh noes should I do this, should I do that, what will people think if i do this?!?!"

can people not make up their own minds about ANYTHING?
    take a console if you want, don't take one if you don't want to. jeeeeeeeeez.

ps. I don't drink either

ReputationRep:
    hahahaha, I was joking. Maybe the obscene number of exclamation marks didn't give it away enough!!!!
    People exist that really are like that. It's not always easy to tell. You need more of these: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Then people will be able to tell you're being sarcastic.

Now, am I being sarcastic? It is a mystery.

ReputationRep:
    defo worth taking... mid night drunken pro evo tournaments spring to mind!! its a good way of meeting friends at first eg ur flat mates ask them for a game now and then..

ReputationRep:
    We like buzz and singstar

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.