to clarrify?? plz help results Watch

jen:)
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
hi. it may have been asked loads of times before. but what am i gna see on my results slip tomorow? will i have individual points and an overal grade as in A, B C ETC or will i have to work out my overall grade from the points given ? if anyone knows please tell me so i know what to expect xx
dass06
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by jen:))
hi. it may have been asked loads of times before. but what am i gna see on my results slip tomorow? will i have individual points and an overal grade as in A, B C ETC or will i have to work out my overall grade from the points given ? if anyone knows please tell me so i know what to expect xx
apparently it should be grades if you're getting your A2 results, if you're AS then you will most probably have to add up the points for the 3 modules to get your grades, either way the teachers should know and be able to help you
hangover_cure
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
dont be silly

u will get your marks for each individual module u took in every subject

and then u will get an overall grade on the slip

i.e.

English (B)
......... 50/90
......... 80/105
......... 75/90

it will look like that
jen:)
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
cheers i didnt know wat 2 expect
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bah! Work!
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
OCR give grades. i think AQA and Edexcel just give module scores.
lady_cutie
Report 12 years ago
Yes, you will have to work out your overall points - if thats what you are asking. It doesnt give you a total of UCAS points. But it will state your score that you gained from each module...then it will have the grade you got, EG - B......then you will have to add them all up yourself to work out how mant UCAS points you have....Is that what you mean ??

Before you go - work out what is the minimum grades that you need to get your points, eg - 2 b's and a C - and if you get 2 B's and a C Or Higher then you know you're on to a winner !!
pezz
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
last year i got grades for each exam board
Realist101
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
AS you have to work out ur grades. END OF
barry_4_england
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Not end of.... they told me what grades I got....

I'm sure it doesn't matter does it! Can't you just add them up? I know it's one extra thing to worry about but at AS the marks are all that really count. Obv Uni application comes into this but teachers reports/predicted grades are more important and a few marks from an A/just into an A will probs mean an A/B prediction.
anon53
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not sure. When I sat AS exams in January, you were given a mark for each module and then a module grade for each subject on the OCR slip. With AQA, we were given a module score and then the grade boundaries are on the back of the slip. As I was only sitting one module though, I'm not sure whether the same applies for the overall AS/A-Level qualification. If you've achieved the same grade in all modules for a certain subject, it will be easy to work it out though. I might take a calculator if they're making things difficult.
moleo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Look this is quite simple:

At AS:
Depending on whether or not your teachers cash in your AS level depends on whether your modules will be added up and grade given.
Teachers cash in grades by when you are entered for your exams also entering you for an aggregation code. This links the modules together as part of an award. If this aggregation code is not submitted to the exam board then you will not receive your modules added up.

In my case my aggregation codes were submitted and so I received as levels that were added up and graded.
At A2:
Your modules have to be cashed in in order for you to gain your A level and get into uni hence your modules will be added up and a grade given.
anon53
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm pleased this has been resolved. Many thanks
mendieta14
Report 12 years ago
The result you got for the AS level subject that you dropped last year count towards the points total dont they?
Fatb
Report 12 years ago
ive got a question

i took 2 resits during the a2 exams so will i get those results seperately to my a2 ones?? or will they just be included onto the A2 overall score??
jrrowleyws
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mendieta14)
The result you got for the AS level subject that you dropped last year count towards the points total dont they?
That completely depends on your offer from your uni, some say points or grades from 3 A2 level GCE, others say points from any AS or A2. Completely depends on the offer.:tsr2:
np_desi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
if ur AS grades are "CASHED IN" then u will get grades... we all did in my school last year apart from the FURTHER MATHS ppl who didnt cash their's in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (63)
29.44%
No - I got the required grades (122)
57.01%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (29)
13.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise